May 2014 Moms
Options

Hair Color?

I know someone just posted about newborn eye color...what about hair color? Both of my sons were born with light brownish blond hair and their hair color for the most part has stayed the same (maybe darkened a tiny bit since birth). My DD was born with very dark brown/almost black hair (which totally wasn't expected given my and DH's hair color but totally beautiful). Any STMs have any experience with their kid's hair color changing??

Re: Hair Color?

• Options
    DS was born with very dark straight brown hair that fell out and was replaced with curly ash blond. DH was the same way - born brunette, changed to blond - and then his turned back to brown when he was in grade school. So hair can change more than once.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    kb2bkkkb2bkk member
    DD1 was born with very dark hair but it's now dirty blonde. I'm expecting the same to happen for DD2.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    gypsymysticgypsymystic member
    edited June 2014
    I have Auburn, and H has light *brown. Our DS1 was born strawberry blond which later turned VERY light blond, DS2 was born with dark brown which seems to be lightening by the day, I figure it will be MH's color. We both have many blonds and redheads in our family. H and my father are the only ones with dark hair. Oddly, I have 3 sisters, all of whom have a different hair color. My mother's is strawberry blond, and Dad's is dark brown. One sister was born with copper red like my Mom's mother, I have Auburn red, another sister has Dark Brown like my father, and my last sister was born very blond and it remains a sandy blond. :P
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • Options
    DH had white, curly hair as a baby. Now it is dark brown and just frizzy if he lets it grow. I have a feeling DS's hair as a baby will change several times before he is an adult
  • Options
    mcnavamcnava member
    edited June 2014
    DH has dark brown. I have brown with tints of light red....this is what DS has right now...I was born with dark brown though and it lightened up.  But if  DS's eyes turn brown, maybe he'll at least have my hair?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cnbeancnbean member
    DS1 was born with dark brown hair which lightened to blond around his first birthday. DS2 was also born with dark brown hair. I'm kinda hoping that his hair will stay dark, but I'm not really expecting it. Both DH and I had blond hair as kids, and now we are brunette.
    image    image

• Options
    DD1 was born with lots of almost black hair. It all fell out after a bit and she was bald until 8m. Now she has light brown/dirty blond hair. DD2 also born with lots of very dark hair on her head but blond hair everywhere else, so who knows. I have brown hair and DH is dirty blond but was very light blond as a kid.
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    DD was born with black hair. Now at 2.5 yo it's blonde but I expect it to darken later as that's what happened with both DH and I.

This new LO has light brown hair. . So I'm not sure what will happen with that.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DH and I both have brown hair, his darker than mine and both have brown eyes. DS has my hair color and brown eyes. DD1 is blonde with blue eyes and shes 7 now. This LO has gray eyes right now and light brown hair that seems to be getting lighter. I was told by someone whatever color their eyebrows/eyelashes are is what color their hair will end up being. So far that has proven to be with DD. This LO has blonde eyebrows too, so we'll see!
  • Options
    All 3 of my kids were born w black hair (various thicknesses). My oldest rubbed most of her thick birth hair off and it grew back light brown/dirty blonde. My middle's turned light over the first year and is now very blonde. We'll see about my 2 week old but I am guessing it will be some shade of blonde. Both DH and I were blonde kids and are now light/medium brunettes. I am guessing they will all graduate high school as brunettes/dirty blondes. I love the genetics of hair and eye color - so fascinating!
  • Options
    Both boys were born with dark hair. DS1 had his hair fall out and then come in a very light blonde that has darkened up to a honey blonde. I expect DS2 to do this as well since both DH and I have dark hair. Both boys originally had different types of dark hair. DS1 had an auburn color and DS2 is dark dark brown/black.

However my hair color didn't stabilize until my late teens or early twenties. My mom still asks if I dye my hair darker (nope).

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    A lot of you ladies mentioned the hair falling out and coming back a different color...DD is 7 weeks...could it still happen??
  • Options

A lot of you ladies mentioned the hair falling out and coming back a different color...DD is 7 weeks...could it still happen??

With DD1 and DS, they were born with a full head of dark hair. Around 10-12 weeks it started falling out. It would look like a cat rubbed all over my boppy after I nursed. DD all fell out. DS laws left with what looked like a bad combover on top (picture Donald Trump!). At about 14 weeks I busted out the clippers and took off his remaining top. :)
    I can't remember how long it took, but they both regrew very blonde hair.
    Now with DD2 (4 wks today), her is dark, with a red hint in the sun. I don't remember that with the other two. I'm hoping her hair turns blonde too!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My Hooligans.....Samuel Brice-Fritzgerald (6/30/10) and Payton Elizabeth (7/23/08)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I was born with black hair and by the time I was 2 it had turned light blonde, I'm thinking that might be how DS will be. He has very dark hair but his eye brows are kinda strawberry blonde already it's so adorable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"