January 2015 Moms
Options

:: Post Your Pregnancy Announcements Here! ::

letsgoxletsgox member
edited May 2014 in January 2015 Moms
Share how you told the news with family and friends here!

How far along were you?

Who did you tell? How did you do it?

Any funny or interesting reactions?

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

Re: :: Post Your Pregnancy Announcements Here! ::

• Options
    MNgirl326MNgirl326 member
    edited May 2014

So far I have just told my parents and my brother.  I just called them up on the phone and told them.  They all kind of already knew we were going through IUI's- so I just told them it worked.

I will tell other family and good friends after I have my viability u/s in a couple weeks.  

Everyone else I will just post something on facebook.

I don't really need to do a big fancy announcement via pinterest  

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    letsgoxletsgox member
    motherboy said:

At first I thought this post was like the one on 1st tri about mailing out pregnancy announcements and I thought nooo @muskiefan07‌ seemed so normal. ;) can't wait to read everyone's stories.

Lol. I didn't even think of that! I'm going to try to change the title!

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

• Options
    Pips09Pips09 member
    We told our families today. I gave my mom a card at brunch this morning with an inside joke that I knew she would "get" to mean that I am pregnant. We told the rest of our family via phone calls today. No crazy or funny reactions, but everyone is happy.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    How far along were you?
    Almost 5 weeks. 

We told my mom, dad and two sisters and my mother in law

For my mom since we celebrated Mother's Day yesterday, I bought a big bouquet of pink and blue flowers with the card attached that read: Pink or Blue, Either Will do, Baby (last name), Coming January 2015. Everyone cried, and one of my sister's screamed "AUNTIEEE" haha, then my dad proceeded to tell me that I will have a boy (only because of his lack to do so in having 3 daughters haha)

My MIL we just did the ole Grandma on the mother's day card because this will also be her first as well. She just said omg, are you serious and proceeded to cry lol. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How far along were you? 4 weeks

Who did you tell? How did you do it? I told immediate family and close friends. We didn't do anything cute. Mostly everyone found out through a phone call because we live in a different state.

Any funny or interesting reactions? My mom literally went silent for the first time in her life. She's been waiting for me to give her a grandbaby for so long and it's finally happening. My sister squealed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
                  BFP April 28, 2014   EDD Jan 6, 2015       
                                                    Fur Babies: Mack, Bahamut, and Iwo Jima                                                        

• Options
    letsgoxletsgox member
    Ella is adorable @AlfiesMOM‌!

• Options
    LanatirLanatir member
    How far along were you?  About 5 weeks.

Who did you tell? How did you do it?   Any funny or interesting reactions?

My mom is going through chemo for a second time (first breast cancer and now lung cancer), so I wanted to tell her right away to help her through her treatments.  June 6th marks a year since her initial breast cancer diagnosis.  It's been a LONG year.

I got DD a "Big Sis" shirt.  My mom read it and then was all "Are you pregnant?" and I nodded and she just screamed.  I got it on video.  :)

Unfortunately, DH wanted to tell his parents, too...  FiL didn't get the "Big Sis" shirt and MiL decided her other DiL must also be pregnant because last time we accidentally ended up 5 weeks apart in pregnancy.  It's apparently to "exclude MiL because she's been through menopause and can't have anymore kids."  :-/  Immediately after we left, MiL posted my pregnancy on her FB.  What the eff is wrong with people?!?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @lanatir I love the reveal to your mother, that's really sweet. Good luck with her treatment!

Am I reading right that your MiL is jealous you're pregnant and feels excluded because she can't have more kids?
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LanatirLanatir member
    @EmilyA724 yup.  She's for real crazy.  I mentioned in another thread about her already.  One doctor tried to diagnose her as bipolar with a tendency towards narcissistic personality disorder and she switched doctors.  She believes she has no MENTAL problems...

However, bright side-- DH FINALLY stood up to his mom about something.  She hasn't taken the post down, but he called and said "That is not ok." and when she tried telling him reasons it was, he hung up.  About dang time.

DH is the only child she has that hasn't cut her off because of her selfish and childish behavior.

My older brother is too smart for me...  He told me "Never tell your MiL anything you don't want posted on a billboard on the side of the busiest interstates the instant it comes out of your mouth."  Why haven't I learned this already?!?!??
  • Options
    @Lanatir‌ I'm so sorry that you have such a difficult MiL!
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    letsgoxletsgox member
    @Lanatir‌ your MIL sounds like a real peach. Taking your news and spreading it crosses several lines. I'm glad YH is sticking up for you and your growing family. Hopefully she will learn. My t&p are with your mom. She sounds like a tough cookie.

• Options
    LanatirLanatir member
    @jessah127-- sounds like our MiLs might be related...  

@muskiefan07-- Hopefully my mom is a tough cookie!  She has been so far.  Thanks for the t&ps.
  • Options
    How far along were you?
    5w6d - Mother's Day!

Both my parents and DH parents 
    We had DS wear a shirt that said If you mustahce I'm going to be a big brother
    Although even though he was walking around, arms wide open, NO ONE noticed!! We had to shove him in front of their faces for them to read it! 

My mom when she went to open her mother's day gift, said something like "am I getting what I got two years ago?" (as I'm sitting there holding DS in front of her..) So I was like.. did you read his shirt??? and she saw it! 
    Everyone was excited, like we figured :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Share how you told the news with family and friends here!

How far along were you?
    5w2d - Mother's Day!

We only told my DH's parents/grandparents.
    We told them by painting a 6pc puzzle and wrote the poem "sitting in a tree, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a...."

Everyone got it, except his grandfather who, apparently never knew the poem, thought we were announcing our divorce. Lol! But the mothers all loved it and will frame the puzzles.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH & I: met 07/07 dating 08/07 engaged 12/09 married 09/11
    EDD Jan 9, 2015

June Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV Dad -
    Phil Dunphy from Modern Family

• Options
    @muskiefan07 great idea to post this! It was previously one of my favorite topics to lurk on before the BFP. Now I lurk every thing for long, extended periods time. I'm developing what I like to call "bump headaches" from spending too much time here while I'm supposed to be working.

Anyway, on to what this thread is supposed to be about. . . .

I was around 5 weeks when we told my parents-- We told them we were showing them some pictures from a vacation we had taken together but it was actually a picture of the digital test reading "pregnant." Laughter, teary eyes for everyone. It was awesome.

For mothers day (6 weeks or so), I sent my mother in law some little gifts. My husband and I picked out a onesie that had a four leaf clover and said Lucky Me on it. I put that underneath her presents with a noted pinned to it that read " . . . to have grandparents like you. Baby arriving January 2015." It seemed like she enjoyed it. 

Everyone else we will call and tell without any hoopla. All of those calls will be pretty fun too. 

Favorite TV Dad-Hal Wilkerson (Malcolm in the Middle)
    June Signature Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    luvtakestaimeluvtakestaime member
    edited May 2014
    How far along were you? 5 weeks 

Who did you tell? How did you do it? We told DH's mom and my mom and dad through Mother's Day gifts. We gave MIL a coffee mug that said grandma, along with a quote. We gave my mom this plaque.

Any funny or interesting reactions? My dad and MIL said they already knew. My mom had no idea why I had given her the plaque, so she kept reading it over again. When she finally realized, she ran around the living room screaming! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    We revealed on Mother's Day to our families. We gave our moms cards that said "with a grandma like you I've been spoiled right from the start" the. At the bottom I wrote "baby Creech due to arrive 1-1-15" my mom suspected because at dinner I could y eat the spinach she made bc of the smell. My MIL cried! It was so sweet :)

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Within 5 minutes of me telling my future DH, his twin brother walks in on us and blurts out he's going to be a father. The funniest thing ever, his twin had the exact same reaction as future DH, "No way, are you serious? How?" It was hilarious.

We were in the beginning of planning our wedding for next May when we found out, and once we decided to move it up to this summer, everyone began guessing without us saying a word. :/
  • Options
    jmcmoejmcmoe member
    How far along were you?
    I was about 5 weeks!

I told my SIL because we both had a deal to let each other know first and she held up her end (she's due in September) so I just told her I was holding up my end of the deal and she immediately knew what I was talking about! This is our 2nd baby so to tell everyone else, I made a photo book of our son's first year, and the last page says "Chapter 2, Big Bro, Begins January 2015!" I can't wait to see their reactions! Although definitely going to have to tell them soon because I think I will show much earlier this time around lol

My husband has three siblings, all had or are having babies this year, so my SIL right away was like "this year?!" And obviously it's Jan, but she's holding out hope that the baby arrives 5 days early so there are 4 cousins born in the same year!
  • Options
    As far as I know, I'm about 6 1/2 weeks.

Told my DH the day I took the tests...I showed them to him. I sent text pictures of the tests to my mom that day and showed my MIL (who we live with) the tests that day. After that is was a few phone calls and in person to a few people.

My aunt who's been wanting a baby in the family for so long had to find out so I just sent her a picture of the positive test, she was shocked and super excited and told my uncle. We've told 2 of my cousins and another uncle of mine. We told DH's grandmother on Mother's Day that she was going to be a great-grandma with a picture frame and she was really excited. We have yet to tell DH's dad or the rest of our families.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 

6 weeks today!

I told my husband, my best friend Trish, my Mom, and my co-teacher at my job. I told my husband through text after I peed on the stick and saw the + sign. He was surprised because I've been saying I felt like I was for a week before taking the test. He was also very excited because September of last year we lost our son.

My Bestfriend I sent her a video on SnapChat. She was on a plane to Jamaica and I wanted to surprise her. She was a huge support when we lost our son, and she was so happy to know we are baking another little monster!

I didn't want to tell anyone at work yet, but I felt like I've been slacking off at work because I haven't been feeling well, so I told my co-teacher. She was surprised and asked if she could hug me. HAHA!

My mom I told because I needed some motherly support after my lose. And I called her about 6 times and she called me back in a panic because she thought something was wrong. But she was pleasantly relieved when I gave her the news. And she told me exactly what I needed to hear, "just take this pregnancy one day at a time, and don't worry so much that I stress myself out, my lose wasn't my fault and we will pray to god that another lose doesn't occur."

My bestfriend cried "happy tears". My co-teacher asked to hug me! And my mom prayed. My husband told me that he's already feeling sympathy symptoms because he is tired and nauseous. He's so funny and sweet... he also asked me if I want pickles and ice cream.

• Options
    I POAS Saturday, I am 3w 4d today. I brought the stick out to my husband and said, "Look what I found!" And he said, "Whose is it?" I replied, "well its probably not yours!" I meant the stick... I hope he did, too ;-)
    Then he got a little teary and hugged me and told me he loved me.

we called my parents on their cells one at a time on speaker and told them. My mom was so excited last time (we lost the baby) that I wanted her to be able to celebrate while we have good news!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!

• Options
    efujanefujan member
    How far along were you?
    I'm about 5 1/2 weeks.  EDD 1/15/15

So far, just have told DH and daycare.  We went out to see Wicked on Mother's Day (date night!), and the next morning I POAS because I knew I was about 4 days late & had a hunch.  I came out of the bathroom & just blurted it out.  He was half asleep, but knew something was up because I had been in the bathroom talking to myself & he could hear me.
    That Friday, our daycare provider asked when we were gonna start trying for #2, & I couldn't lie to her, so I told her we were looking at having 2 in daycare by March.  She & I both started crying - but it was so good to tell someone!  (we're waiting to tell parents until after the first doctor's appt.)

Nothing yet, hopefully we'll have some fun stories after we tell the family. 
    Myles was so pumped about the baby . . . until he figured out he'd have to share all his toys!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker>
  • Options
    I should be around week 5 today. I was a week late so I tested and got a positive. Last month I was a week late aswell and tested negative then started the next day. I wasn't sure if I should take a HPT yet but couldn't resist. Squeal! I told my husband right away. He was working so I txt him a pic of the test and said congrats daddy O looks like we made another baby :) he was so excited. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and told back in 2009 I couldn't get pregnant with out medical help. I had surgery and scar tissue removed. When I had my first I was so like in your face medical science lol! She was a miracle for us. My mom and dad I told next and they are so happy. They are so in love with our little girl and can't wait for the next. I don't want to announce to everyone yet since it's still so early but I've told all my closest friends and family. :)
  • Options
    FLRainbowGirlFLRainbowGirl member
    edited May 2014
    Share how you told the news with family and friends here! How far along were you? 6w..!!!! Who did you tell? I'll have to write a whole post about this sometime... In a nutshell - this peanut is a complete SURPRISE... So I didn't expect it & found out late. I told hubby first... After two BFPs... Had to call him into the bathroom, 'cause we had the kids & also people over. How did you do it & their reactions? Hubby: I told him - "You may want to sit down..." He was calm - as usual - and I showed him the 2 PTs. His legs almost buckled... You see- we're both FOURTY!!!! We were on contraceptives.. (Struggled to get pregnant with #2.) NEVER expected this!! Then he said:"Wow! This doesn't feel real, but he was ecstatic" - which is a blessing... I always wanted 3, he was happy with 2. Also told my mom & sisters via Skype. (Dad's in heaven) I'm from South Africa - so they all still live over there. Everyone was in SHOCK. My mom in her wisdom said: " It's the Lord's plan" ... My sisters started planning a trip for the labor - as if I wasn't even there... LOL. We're waiting to tell our kids, in laws & everyone else until we've had the first u/s. Don't know when that is... Trying to find a health insurance with maternity coverage!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    POAS earlier this afternoon and I'm 3 weeks 6 days. Haven't told anyone yet. I miscarried 6 months ago at 6-7 weeks. Hubby just left for work for a while tonight. I didn't want to distract him until I get confirmation in a few weeks. Don't know how I'm going to keep this from him. I'm horrible about keeping secrets from him.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

How far along were you? 4 weeks 2 days

Who did you tell? How did you do it? I told my husband when I found out on the 9th by making him a cookie cake (he's a bakery manager) that said Thanks For Knocking Me Up and I gave him a onsie that says Daddy's Future Caddy.

Then on Mother's day we told our parents/grandparents by giving them cards that said Happy Mother's Day Grandma/Great Grandma!

Any funny or interesting reactions? My DH was shocked! He just kept saying You're sh****** me! We were going thru tests for other health issues at the time and when I found out I was pregnant it was a complete shock! :)

My parents/grandparents didn't get it.....my mom already knew somehow - said she had a feeling. My stepmom thought I gave her the wrong card. My great grandma thought I was just calling her a great grandma...like awesome! hahaha. Once they realized they freaked out!

• Options
    At just less than 4 weeks I got a BFP (I usually get AF 11dpo so when she was a no-show I tested). We haven't announced to anyone yet, but here's how I told DH:

I put DS2 (15m) in DS1's (3y) "Big Brother" shirt, but knowing that DH would be oblivious to what DS2 was wearing, I just handed him the BFP test as soon as H walked in from work and said "go give this to Daddy". He handed it to him and H's jaw dropped. We were not trying at all (and got pregnant from 1 time without a condom and pull out?!?!?!).
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options
    ABCmama said:
    We told my parents today. I am crazy early but I would want them to know if something happened.
    We told them in my mom's Mothers Day card.
    A little back story: 
    I have three boys, my oldest is Ashton, middle is Braxton, and baby is Cannon (ABC), so everyone knows we will name baby 4 a "D" name. I had the kids sign the card themselves and my H and I did as well and then at the bottom I wrote 
    AND... (tiny) baby "D".

They were in total shock because my mom has been asking us to have another and we flat out told her no, so this was very unexpected! 
    I love this @abcmama!! Is that where your screen name comes from? I've been wondering if you were some famous journalist from ABC!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I told my mom just a couple days ago...my awesome little brother decided to lighten the mood by telling her that him and his gf had just had a scare
  • Options
    I was 8 weeks when we made our Public announcement over Facebook. Just about every single family member that saw it said "told you it wouldn't take long!"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sure how we are going to tell family. Its going to be tough as my parents, his dad & step mom, my brother and sil will be over on Monday for a bbq. Sil is pregnant and due Dec 8th. My mom is going to figure it out the second I don't have a drink in my hand.

DH was told via text with picture. But I am taking a frer digital tonight so this will be interesting to see his reaction.

Rainbow Baby! BFP 02/20/2018 EDD 11/01/2018
    BFP 10/31/2017 EDD 07/09/2018 Miscarriage 11/28/2017
    DD # 1: BFP 5/22/2014  EDD 1/30/2015 Born 02/06/2015
    DS # 1: BFP 7/18/2000 EDD 3/27/2001 Born 4/1/01
  • Options
    How Far?
    Found out 4weeks 1 day, (2days ago)

How did you tell?

I decide to leave the magical stick in the bathroom. Took DH 5 hours to see it (4 trips to the bathroom after work). He though because the control line was lighter than the pregnant line it was a bad test and decided I'm not. Took an other (digital) before bed and let him see that in the morning with the big word that couldn't be misinterpreted at all.
  • Options
    I am 6 weeks today. Found out at 4 weeks:) Told my sisters, mom, hubby, and few close friends. We got our bfp through ivf so everyone we did tell was so shocked and so happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"