June 2014 Moms
Options

face breaking out?

anyone else experiencing this? my skin is freaking out, and nothing I do makes it go away. They're not pimples, but just these ugly red spots, and some are brown. My lips have started to form these weird bump things around them, plus the cold sores I got for no reason last week, and I am feeling super sexy. Not really, actually. Anyone else feeling really blah about themselves lately? I typically have pretty decent self esteem, but I feel like this pregnancy is sucking any pretty that I had and is making me really uncomfortable in my skin. Is that weird?
November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: face breaking out?

• Options
    rastraurastrau member
    edited April 2014
    I'm getting blemishes and zits like nobody's business - far worse than when I was a teen! And totally outside of my normal t-zone stuff. I guess it's pretty common during pregnancy, but I can't wait for it to stop.

I feel you on the cold sores too - I keep my lips chapsticked the hell up all of the time. I've heard that acyclovir is okay for use during pregnancy and I plan to ask my MW for a new script to use as a preventative leading up to birth.

Eta: baby brain makes me dumb, didn't even think to redirect to the symptoms thread. Duh.
    June '14 June Siggy - Summer Heat!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If the red/brown spots on your face are not raised, they are likely due to hormones, and will probably go away gradually after you give birth.  And if you've been outside in the sun more lately, they can get darker/bigger. I've noticed them all over my face lately, but I got them with both my previous pregnancies so I wasn't alarmed.  I dunno about the cold sores...but I suspect the bumps around the lips are probably clogged pores from hormonal changes. Anyhow, hope you get to feeling a little more pep in your step soon!
  • Options
    My skin has never been as disgusting as it is now. Yuck. :(
    imageimage
  • Options
    CeaVe SA lotion and Aczone are the only things keeping my skin slightly clear. Oh, and drinking a lot of water helps. Like a gallon a day.
  • Options
    @crhein26‌ holy shit that's terrifying and amazing all in one weird gif
  • Options
    I usually have pretty good skin but ive had a spot on my cheek most of my pregnancy thst just wont go away I've tried everything I hope my skin goes back to normal after little miss is here.
  • Options
    @nutmegs8‌ occasionally something pointy will poke out for half a second but usually my whole belly just shakes I can't really see the shifting like that. it's probably really cool to be able to make out LOs body parts and all but since that hasn't happened with either of my pregnancies I think it would freak me out to see it.
  • Options
    Yep and skin tags. Seriously, gross.  Zits I can handle because they will go away.  But will these skin things leave too? They're like little moles... ewwwww.

And @nutmegs8 my belly does that too.

• Options
    nutmegs8 said:

@stephross88

FTM showing here...I thought it happened to everyone. I guess I was wrong.
    I think it's pretty common and it happens for most people. maybe my guys are squished farther back or something or they're positioned in there weird. or maybe they just don't want me to have anything awesome to look at
  • Options

nutmegs8 said:

@stephross88

FTM showing here...I thought it happened to everyone. I guess I was wrong.
    I think it's pretty common and it happens for most people. maybe my guys are squished farther back or something or they're positioned in there weird. or maybe they just don't want me to have anything awesome to look at
    It all has to do with where baby is, and how much mommy is in-between baby and outside world. I actually have a video of my belly looking just like that. But I don't have pants on so I don't feel I should share it, it may scar people. With my first, the movement I could see was completely different. More of the pointy elbow and her heels pushing out on my ribs.
  • Options
    @ChristineBaker23‌ yep all I get is some pointy stuff poking out. I've never gotten a whole arm, leg, or whatever go by like that
  • Options
    @jennyd321‌ I have not had the skin problems you are describing but I used to get some very bad cold sores and chapped lips. I like neosporin LT, it really helped heal my lips.
  • Options
    I'm experiencing crazy skin stuff too...like breaking out on my chest and back for the first time in my life! Does anybody know if that will stick around through breastfeeding, or if it should clear up soon after delivery?
  • Options
    Welcome to my world!  My skin starting acting up in the first trimester.  So, I started wearing makeup everyday to feel a little better.  People swore that I was glowing.  Nope it's bronzer!

Although my skin has cleared, I still wear the makeup.  It's become a habit now.

BabyFruit Ticker

Special prayers for angels that we never met!
  • Options
    thanks, ladies. i'll try some of the creams and lotions recommended. glad to know i'm not the only one out there feeling this way!
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"