May 2014 Moms
Options

Potocin, epidurals, c-sections OH MY!!

Re: Potocin, epidurals, c-sections OH MY!!

• Options

FTM, so I can't speak from personal experience, yet. However, I am the product of a 1980s C-Section. In other, unrelated news, I have a master's degree.

I'm also the product of a 1980's C-section. I managed to get two masters degrees but I would have a PhD if my development hadn't been hampered by the C-section.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hadn't realized anyone should be bashed for asking a question- mine was in no way stating that a c-section caused developmental problems, perhaps it should be read again... I have researched and found that potocin normally leads to a harder delivery, epidural and ultimately a c-section- potocin is linked with 38% of autism, that was my concern. I really think if you take things so harshly perhaps your commentary is not wanted on such a site- but have a lovely day!
  • Options
    You women are really overly aggressive, and down right sad to listen to- I rarely post on here, I read the posts but I think I got my answer from all the negativity- good luck to every one. And for the future, reading between the lines never gets you anywhere in life. You all should know what assumptions make... There were commas in my post- nothing said- because of a c-section, does your child have problems? But again, thank you all for your responses, and best of luck.
  • Options
    AugustGlassAugustGlass member
    edited April 2014
    Pat_gina said:

You women are really overly aggressive, and down right sad to listen to

You think pitocin causes autism but we're sad to listen to?

Yeah. Ok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pat_gina said:

I hadn't realized anyone should be bashed for asking a question- mine was in no way stating that a c-section caused developmental problems, perhaps it should be read again... I have researched and found that potocin normally leads to a harder delivery, epidural and ultimately a c-section- potocin is linked with 38% of autism, that was my concern. I really think if you take things so harshly perhaps your commentary is not wanted on such a site- but have a lovely day!

That may be true about POTOCIN (whatever that may be)... But in the medical world PITOCIN does not cause autism.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Pat_gina said:
    You women are really overly aggressive, and down right sad to listen to- I rarely post on here, I read the posts but I think I got my answer from all the negativity- good luck to every one. And for the future, reading between the lines never gets you anywhere in life. You all should know what assumptions make... There were commas in my post- nothing said- because of a c-section, does your child have problems? But again, thank you all for your responses, and best of luck.
    There were commas, sure, but before that came your inability to spell pitocin, in which case it's reasonable for people to believe they would need to read between the lines. 
  • Options
    Pat_gina said:

Sweet baby Jesus! we're all at least midway through 3rd tri and we still haven't weeded out all the BSCs and twatwaffles yet?

Oh pretty please tell me you feel bad for my husband and future child! I haven't gotten a BINGO in ages!

• Options

Pat_gina said:

Yeah. Ok.

No, silly head - I mean, aggressive woman, she was talking about potocin.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    What I MEANT was exactly what the question asked- why is that some women gave their experiences (which is what I wanted), but others were rude, and thought I was saying that their child was dumb because of a c-section....WOW!!! Really irrelevant at this point. Sad to see some of you on reading WAY between the lines, can't you take the question for exactly what it says?? I wondered about medical interventions and how the effected your delivery, and IF there were any issues with your baby due to them. NOTHING MORE OR LESS. People saying they have degrees, their kids saying certain words, that I cannot spell, etc. and stating that I was intending anything, is foolish. But you all are intelligent women, if you want to know stats you are welcome to do so on your own- that is what I researched, and that is why I was doing my due diligence to ask other mothers. This was not to get people revved up or in to bashing me because I asked a question. But your opinions clearly are of no importance, and I will go back to asking valid sources such as friends, family, doulas, dr's, whatever... this is clearly a place where a question turns in to a bunch of hateful people. MY GOODNESS
  • Options
    Potocin is the "herbal" version of Pitocin. You smoke it and it relaxes your cervix so much the baby just comes flying out.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options

What I MEANT was exactly what the question asked- why is that some women
    gave their experiences (which is what I wanted), but others were rude,
    and thought I was saying that their child was dumb because of a
    c-section....WOW!!! Really irrelevant at this point. Sad to see some of
    you on reading WAY between the lines, can't you take the question for
    exactly what it says?? I wondered about medical interventions and how
    the effected your delivery, and IF there were any issues with your baby
    due to them. NOTHING MORE OR LESS. People saying they have degrees,
    their kids saying certain words, that I cannot spell, etc. and stating that I was intending
    anything, is foolish. But you all are intelligent women, if you want to
    know stats you are welcome to do so on your own- that is what I
    researched, and that is why I was doing my due diligence to ask other
    mothers. This was not to get people revved up or in to bashing me
    because I asked a question. But your opinions clearly are of no importance, and I will go back to asking valid sources such as friends, family, doulas, dr's, whatever... this is clearly a place where a question turns in to a bunch of hateful people. MY GOODNESS

How are people changing their user names so easily and quickly? I saw this happen on TTGP too.

Also, I LOL at your "research" methods.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Perhaps you @Pat_gina‌ should learn how to spell "pitocin". Perhaps you should also brush up on what "potocin" actually is:

What is Pitocin (oxytocin)?

Oxytocin is a natural hormone that causes the uterus to contract.

imageimageimage

• Options

What I MEANT was exactly what the question asked- why is that some women
    gave their experiences (which is what I wanted), but others were rude,
    and thought I was saying that their child was dumb because of a
    c-section....WOW!!! Really irrelevant at this point. Sad to see some of
    you on reading WAY between the lines, can't you take the question for
    exactly what it says?? I wondered about medical interventions and how
    the effected your delivery, and IF there were any issues with your baby
    due to them. NOTHING MORE OR LESS. People saying they have degrees,
    their kids saying certain words, that I cannot spell, etc. and stating that I was intending
    anything, is foolish. But you all are intelligent women, if you want to
    know stats you are welcome to do so on your own- that is what I
    researched, and that is why I was doing my due diligence to ask other
    mothers. This was not to get people revved up or in to bashing me
    because I asked a question. But your opinions clearly are of no importance, and I will go back to asking valid sources such as friends, family, doulas, dr's, whatever... this is clearly a place where a question turns in to a bunch of hateful people. MY GOODNESS

Ruh roh, did someone mix up their AEs?

imageimageimage

• Options
    Pitocin, my god, strike me down now- how dare I spell wrong, you ladies need a stiff drink of a stiff dick asap- you all are miserable people. But I wish you all the very best. Have a nice day!
  • Options
    Do orgasms cause autism too?  That's honestly the only take-away I'm getting here. 
    OMG, you didn't O while KU did you?! Your poor child...

Shame on you for getting off during your nearly 10 months of pregnancy! Your kid is totes going to have the ghey!!
    imageimageimage

• Options

Pat_gina said:

Yeah. Ok.

No, silly head - I mean, aggressive woman, she was talking about potocin.
    Oh, well if we're talking about potocin - carry on!
  • Options

Pitocin, my god, strike me down now- how dare I spell wrong, you ladies need a stiff drink of a stiff dick asap- you all are miserable people. But I wish you all the very best. Have a nice day!

Well that's a tough choice. I think I want the stiff drink more. No, wait. Ok, yes, definitely the drink. Pass the vodka, please.
  • Options
    Kris2011RN Been here the whole time, I do not spend every waking moment on this site- I responded as necessary. Take care ladies.
  • Options
    kat8805 said:
    Do orgasms cause autism too?  That's honestly the only take-away I'm getting here. 
    OMG, you didn't O while KU did you?! Your poor child...

Shame on you for getting off during your nearly 10 months of pregnancy! Your kid is totes going to have the ghey!!
    Well she did just recommend a "stiff dick" to everyone that doesn't agree with her ...

I don't know why I find that so offensive, but the implication that my attitude/response to a stupid question/made-up statistics being somehow related to the last time husband fucked me, it's just ... well, offensive.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    yvanehtniojyvanehtnioj member
    edited April 2014
    Wait, what? We all need a stiff drink? Cause that's a totally normal thing to have while you're pregnant as fuck? And why do I have the feeling that if we took your advice, you and/or your AE would be all "ELCOHOL AUTISM RESEARCH! I looked elcohol up! Elcohol is linked to delays!"

eta: @mamag1111 / @pat_gina

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    Sweet baby Jesus! we're all at least midway through 3rd tri and we still haven't weeded out all the BSCs and twatwaffles yet? Oh pretty please tell me you feel bad for my husband and future child! I haven't gotten a BINGO in ages!
    Literally just choked on a grape. Twatwaffles?! Hysterically laughing.
  • Options
    Pat_gina said:

I potocin is linked with 38% of autism, that was my concern.

I can assure you my sons autism wasnt caused by pItocin.

Just look at the number of ladies that responded who had pit vs the number who said their kids had autism. Not 38%.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    sisterjanetsisterjanet member
    edited April 2014

Pat_gina said:
    I'm going to jump back for a minute.  If I'm not reading between the lines, I don't know what that bolded part is supposed to mean.  (or much of the rest, but especially the bolded.)  @pat_gina@Mommag1111?  38% of... autism?  38% of the reported cases of autism?  Or is autism caused by a combination of things happening to a person, and 38% of the mix is pitocin?  Or are you saying that when a person is only 38% autistic, then it was caused by pitocin?  (I have a problem with not always being able to parse ambiguity.  If I don't make assumptions when I read, these are the questions I end up needing answered.)

Also, it's creepy to me that you're trying to be angry/snappish while simultaneously trying to be nice.  We're not going to agree with you, and it's looking like no way are you going to agree with us.  Ending with "have a lovely day" isn't how killing with kindness works, if that's what you were going for.  ETA Holy cheese, you've done that "I hate you bitches/have a nice day" thing two more times while I was typing.  Why?  Why do the ones who go down in flames so often do this?
  • Options
    Reading all of your responses is quite comical, NO, again I did not say to have a stiff drink while pregnant, but I don't care what you do, it said.... ASAP. You ladies are having far too much fun commenting on such foolishness- now if only you would have read the original question for what it was to begin with, instead of going off of what some random person thought or said....And, on another note I hadn't realized when I posted the damn thing originally it was not logged in on my phone..You over analyze everything- YIKES!! I did not make up what I read or heard. It was a question, I feel bad for anyone that is in your lives that asks you poor-hateful women anything. Is that how you answer your spouse, children, friends? With such matter-of-fact know it all information? Glad you all have so much to say regarding anything in this world... I was trying to gain knowledge from people that have experienced medical interventions before and what their thoughts were, I, by no means bashed anyone, said anything mean or nasty. So you people go on living your lives just as you do, but perhaps for the future, when someone that is curious asks a question you answer it based on your experience, and not that of trying to downgrade another human. I still do not get how anyone assumed I said that a C-section leads to problems in children. But keep on, keeping on!!
  • Options
    you ladies need a stiff drink of a stiff dick asap-
    Pretty sure this is how I ended up here.
    Wrong end.
    11/10/10 The Kid
  • Options
    spacepotatoesspacepotatoes member
    edited April 2014
    OP, you were already doing a great job making yourself look dumb when we thought this was a post and run. Now you're just confirming it.

You're the one who only shows up occasionally, you've spewed bullshit in this thread, and yet WE are not welcome here? That's a good one.

If you don't like the way people here respond, feel free to keep doing your own "research" and don't let the door hit ya.

• Options
    typeset said:

you ladies need a stiff drink of a stiff dick asap-

Pretty sure this is how I ended up here.

Wrong end.

I think she meant "stiff drink or a stiff dick ASAP," but then again I've been misreading her posts all day, so I could be wrong.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Reading all of your responses is quite comical, NO, again I did not say to have a stiff drink while pregnant, but I don't care what you do, it said.... ASAP. You ladies are having far too much fun commenting on such foolishness- now if only you would have read the original question for what it was to begin with, instead of going off of what some random person thought or said....And, on another note I hadn't realized when I posted the damn thing originally it was not logged in on my phone..You over analyze everything- YIKES!! I did not make up what I read or heard. It was a question, I feel bad for anyone that is in your lives that asks you poor-hateful women anything. Is that how you answer your spouse, children, friends? With such matter-of-fact know it all information? Glad you all have so much to say regarding anything in this world... I was trying to gain knowledge from people that have experienced medical interventions before and what their thoughts were, I, by no means bashed anyone, said anything mean or nasty. So you people go on living your lives just as you do, but perhaps for the future, when someone that is curious asks a question you answer it based on your experience, and not that of trying to downgrade another human. I still do not get how anyone assumed I said that a C-section leads to problems in children. But keep on, keeping on!!
    BINGO!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I appreciate those that gave me their stories, just as it happened, and gave me their experiences. Whether anyone sees me as being whatever you see it. I don't need anyone to agree, or think anything of me. I asked a question and some of you ran to a whole new level with it. I have seen some pretty foolish things on here, I was wondering about people's experiences.. I am still thankful to those that felt a need to not bash my need for answers, and to the rest if you that just continue on and on about whatever it is, so be it. This is getting to be foolish.
  • Options
    I just want to know what the point was in spewing your bullshit under both SNs?
  • Options
    Are you kidding?!?!? I stated....on my phone it does not log me in correctly, but regardless, if any of you care to read my org post and my replies perhaps you would see- I am not hiding, running, being malicious, or stating your child will have 38% autism (not even sure what that means) I asked if you had an epidural, or pitocin, or a c-section or all 3, how it was, how things effected you, and if there was any issues with your child. My point is only that from what I have been told or researched that with induction there are many more cases of c-sections, and with the use if pitocin, it was been linked with autism... Now for the record, my use of have a nice day, or best of luck means just that- I am not wishing anything ill on anyone, and for all of you stating I am so dumb for asking a question, well that is just plain rude. I have an education, I have had plenty of personal experience in many fields, I never judge others based upon them wanting to gain further knowledge about anything, in fact I would praise them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"