Infertility
Options

Curse you AF

I just wanted to take a minute to complain about the horror that is AF. While Im glad she is here, so I can get started with my new cycle... the pain is quite unbearable today. I know that after PIO it can be pretty rough, but got damnnnn!!!! The whole lower half of my body aches, The cramps are so intense I can barely walk. I just took about 1000mg of motrin so hopefully it chills out soon. And Im not even going to talk about the heavy flow. 

I needed to get that off my chest because Im miserable at the moment and I'd really like a snickers bar. 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
 Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS

Re: Curse you AF

• Options
    ****siggy warning****

(((hands you King Sized Snickers bar)))

That is reminiscent of our cancelled fresh ET. After 5 days of PIO and OHSS resulting in RE cancelling the ET. The heavy flow and intense cramps were plain awful. Ibuprofen and my heating pad were my best friends.

• Options
    I'm right behind you...I've been prepping with ibuprofen but cannot wait until I can take another dose.
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh, sorry. I hope it eases up soon.

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• Options
    I'm so sorry! Go for the snickers :) I have experienced the same thing so I feel your pain :( The heating pad was my best friend. Our poor bodies endure so much through this process, so try to take it easy if you can. ((hugs))
    **All welcome**
    http://tryingtotakeheart.blogspot.com/

TTC since November 2010
    Me: (28) slightly high FSH (9), slightly low AMH (1.7), average AFC, DH: (33) all tests normal
    HSG & 3 TI Clomid cycles with OB/GYN April - August 2012 - all BFN
    November 2012 met with RE
    November 2012 Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    December 2012 Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    January 2013: Benched for cysts
    April 2013: Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy = mild endo and 2 polyps removed
    May 2013 = First +OPK ever! Glimmer of hope!
    November 2013: 1st IVF: gonal f/ganirelix: converted to IUI on CD 7 due to poor response (3 large follicles with several trailing behind). IUI #3 = BFN
    January 2014: WTF Appointment: "stubborn ovaries" will need new med protocol: flare gonal f, add menopur and lupron
    IVF #2: Stims start 2/19 - MDL flare protocol with Gonal & Menopur; Triggered 2/28, e2 6000, ER March 2: 34 R, 20M, 9 fert, 4 2PN's frozen. No blasts made to freeze :(
    FET #1 June 7th - 2dt, Transferred 2... BFN
    WTF revealed very poor quality - looking to do another fresh cycle
    August 2014: 2 polyps removed, revealed thru HSG
    Updated labs: FSH 6.5 and AMH 4
    October 2014: IVF #3: Stims started 10/14 - Cancelled due to premature luteinization
    November 2014: IVF attempt #4: Rising progesterone levels again - trigger given early; ended up with 6 2PN embryos all frozen.

• Options

*lurking* but wanted to chime in because I get cramps so bad I see spots in my vision...

Naproxen sodium plus hydrocodone if you can get it.  That's what it takes for me to get my cramps under control.  So sorry you're experiencing so much pain :( I encourage you to get a Snicker's.  Chocolate makes it better.

Glad you're able to start fresh with a new cycle though!  Good luck!!

• Options
    pblgepblge member
    Ugh, so sorry. I say no snickers, as you'll feel worse about yourself, but I'm not sure my choice--booze--would be any better.

((hugs))
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    @wishingiwaspreggo I have some Naproxen but Ive never taken it. I also have a few Vicodin as well. But of course thats all at home. ughh

@pblge I like your choice better. Luckily for me we can drink on the job but only during the last hour of the day. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    pblgepblge member
    jaztaz1 said:

@pblge I like your choice better. Luckily for me we can drink on the job but only during the last hour of the day. 

OMG WHERE DO YOU WORK?????

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Tea+Tea+ member
    Lol. Yeah, I need a job like that too. Well any job would do at the moment. haha. Sorry you're feeling crappy. I agree chocolate and booze. Perfect combo. [; This month was horrific for me with AF. and I'm on round 2 of AF after failed retrieval and it was the worse yet. Not to mention I got a full blown head cold, body aches, fever and all that good shiz this month. Not.fun.at.all. I hope you start to feel better soon! [:
    TTC Since 2012
    Me: Endo Stage IV (20+yrs) (who knew? Not me)
    MyLove: Pretty Ok. Low #s (i think) 
    IVF#1: No Eggs to Retrieve
    Taking time to ourselves
     Poor Responder will add COQ10 & DHEA next cycle
    **All Welcome**

• Options
    LOL @pblge its the little things that make us smile in this place lol 
  • Options
    pblgepblge member
    I have a confession: I came home early today, because I'm STILL sick, and this whole late AF/neg HPT thing has made me a crazy person. I've been very good about treats, because of the FUIF Fitness check in. However, at this moment, two things are happening:
    1. While I don't have treats in the house, I DO have ingredients for homemade ice cream. Dark chocolate cherry coconut milk ice cream is currently in the ice cream maker. About fifteen minutes to go. Not sure if this is better or worse than a snickers bar.
    2. I made a Hot IF Irony Toddy. Mother-to-be tea, honey, lemon juice, and bourbon. My usual tea for hot toddies is chamomile, but I read that it may be a bad tea during pregnancy so I haven't bought it again since IVF #1.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad AF/BFN coping, but nonetheless: FU IF!!!

• Options
    I hope you feel better soon!
    *~*Signature Warning*~*
    Me: 35 Healthy
     DH: 44 vasectomy with failed reversal. 
    IVF #1: Follistim/Ganirelix: 10 retrieved, 4 perfect embies. 2 transferred, 2 frosties = BFN
     IVF #2: Follistim/Ganirelix: 11 retrieved, 1 perfect embie transferred = BFP Willow 4/14/11 
    FET #1: 2 frosties, neither survived the thaw
     IVF #3 Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix 4 retrieved, 1 perfect embie transferred = BFN 
    IVF #4 Microdose Lupron/Bravelle/Menopur: 8 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 2 Frozen: Beta 1: 63, #2: 51, #3:148 #4: 537 #5 2204.  US #1: very small gestational sac.  US#2: Empty sac 

• Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I found my Naproxen and took it with a Vicodin = AMAZING. Thanks for the tip. If I ever have severe pain like that again i know what does the trick because the two of them separately did nothing for me. 
  • Options
    jaztaz1 said:
    @wishiwaspreggo I found my Naproxen and took it with a Vicodin = AMAZING. Thanks for the tip. If I ever have severe pain like that again i know what does the trick because the two of them separately did nothing for me. 
    Glad you tried it!!  The Naproxen takes the edge off enough to function but once you add the Vicodin it's sweet, sweet relief.  Hope you got your Snickers, too!
  • Options
    @WishIwaspreggo my Work- BFF heard me complaining and went and got me a bag of minis at lunch. I was in heaven. lol 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"