May 2014 Moms
Options

A complicated contraption came in the mail today

It's called a double electric breast pump. I pulled it out of the box and walked away. Very overwhelmed. I know I'm weeks away from use but still... Lol! Ok, that's all I have to say about my new toy :-)

Re: A complicated contraption came in the mail today

• Options
    Same here! Mine came with a DVD it seems much more simple now, but still so many parts!
  • Options
    knate13 said:
    Same here! Mine came with a DVD it seems much more simple now, but still so many parts!

A DVD would have been great! Glad I'm not the only overwhelmed one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine looked scary too! It's sitting in my basement.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    I remember feeling the same way about it with my first up until I finally used it. I even sent DH to bru to buy the thing and the parts. I can't imagine how confused he felt (he is a pro with a breast pump now too though...well at least the assembly part).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I walked back to the pump and picked up the card that came with it and actually read it. There are videos online! Lol!
  • Options
    Oh shoot. I guess I should open mine. I've been wondering this, do moms usually bring their pumps to the hospital for help while the lactation consultant is there or no. I felt like its a dumb question but seriously wondering if others do this. Maybe it's easier than I expect to pump... Like hold to boob and press on.
  • Options
    With my first I just took it to the hospital with me and asked the LC to show me how to use it... so glad I did!  I never even opened the manual haha

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto - Youtube is great!

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• Options
    Mine came with a rather large instruction manual. I had a single pump last time, pretty stoked about having a double pumper this time.
    imageimageimage

• Options
    It may seem overwhelming at first but they are simple to use!

I think I even had to use mine in the hospital so id pack it just in case. I know they may have ones you can use there but I wanted to get use to mine and have help if needed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options
    I did the same thing. Opened it, took one look and shoved it all back in the box. Nope nope nope. That's a complicated looking contraption, for sure.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    They're not so bad. You can definitely take advantage of the the lactation consultant at your hospital and ask them how to use it.

Eventually, though, it really does become as simple as "hold up to boob(s) and turn on". :-)
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    It's not that bad... You will be a pro in no time. Read the manual, that should help. My BFF was visiting when I got mine with DD, so she showed me how it worked. Maybe ask a friend? You just need to know how to put the parts on correctly, how to turn it on, how to adjust the speed, and how the let down feature works. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    It's definitely not as bad as it looks!  And get a hands-free pumping bra, otherwise you're stuck holding the flanges/bottles to your boobs the whole time.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    MrsT2008 said:
    It's definitely not as bad as it looks!  And get a hands-free pumping bra, otherwise you're stuck holding the flanges/bottles to your boobs the whole time.

I was thinking about taking the cheap approach and cutting holes in a sports bra. We'll see... Lol
  • Options
    Crappers...add this to the hubby do list lol!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MrsT2008 said:

I was thinking about taking the cheap approach and cutting holes in a sports bra. We'll see... Lol
    I tried but I hated having to put the sports bra on over my head every time.  The real ones have a full zip up front so that you can just slip it on and off.  It was a must once I went back to work!
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    softservecitysoftservecity member
    edited April 2014
    MrsT2008 said:
    MrsT2008 said:

I tried but I hated having to put the sports bra on over my head every time.  The real ones have a full zip up front so that you can just slip it on and off.  It was a must once I went back to work!

I had not thought about that. Thanks for your input!
  • Options
    Even if you don't choose to bring the pump to the hospital, if you plan on pumping you should have the LC check to make sure the flanges (the part that sits directly on your breast) are the correct size.  

I had a Medela PIS, and the hospital also used Medela so I was able to take home a few extras in the correct size.  I also got re-checked after 2-3 weeks after my supply started regulating.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"