May 2013 Moms
Options

Wonder Weeks - Leap 7

Wonder Weeks never seizes to amaze me. So DD just finished her 7th Leap (Sequences) and just like it says you can see her putting things together, realizing that this equals that. So, within the past week she now tries to put on her socks, put on my shoes, bathe herself with the washcloth and brush her hair. The key word is tries lol. It's so cute though and amazing watching her grow and become a little girl.

What "big kid" things are your LO's trying to do these days?

Re: Wonder Weeks - Leap 7

• Options
    R suddenly wants to put on "hats". He will try to take off and put back on his hats when we're out and at home he will put a towel, shirt, blanket whatever on his head. He thinks it's hilarious. He also likes to throw everything into the alligator ball popper. If something like your cell phone, remote or car keys are missing, we check there first. Since he's a late May baby we just ended that leap 2 days ago so I'm excited to see what new stuff he'll do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TrulyBlessed22            What is the wonderweeks? and where did you get it?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image       image

image A look at my future

• Options
    @tricia560‌, how cute! Yes...pointing is part of this leap :-)

• Options
    edited April 2014
    TrulyBlessed22            What is the wonderweeks? and where did you get it? 

The Wonder Weeks is a book that guides parents through the different development phases your child goes through in the 1st year and a half or so.  It shows you approx. when they go through them (using your LO's EDD but mine actually goes by her actual Birthdate).  it explains why your child is especially fussy during certain periods of time and especially happy in others.  Most importantly it shows you what your LO will know by the end of each phase.  https://www.thewonderweeks.com/  I don't have the book (some Ladies on the board do though) but I use the free app.  The app doesn't have as much detail as the book but it does chart where your baby is leap (phase) wise and gives you a summary of that leaps abilities, etc.  You should check it out :) 

• Options
    so I don't feel like my LO is on schedule with the seventh leap...no pointing..stacking..puzzle..dressing, or mimicking hand gestures,etc..  He does try to put my sunglasses on my face, does that count?  Otherwise I feel like he has hit like the standard milestones that a pedi would look for...just not the ones listed in the leap.    Not sure what to make of it.
  • Options
    @coffeeandbooks‌ don't worry, my guy really can't do that stuff yet either. It says just that they now have the potential and this is the earliest age where you might start to see those connections happening. It will take months before they can really do all of them.
  • Options
    @coffeeandbooks, Exactly what @emmy236 said...I wouldn't worry.  While my LO tries to do the dressing etc she still can't stack and hasn't started pointing yet.  Remember the "note":  a baby never does this all at once.  It takes time and can happen anywhere between the end of a leap and the beginning of the other leap and sometimes even overlaps into the other leap.  The next leap doesn't even begin until they're almost 1 and ends after they are 1 :-)

• Options
    This leap has been eternal.  I'm glad it's almost over.  I'm starting to see my happy baby back again.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think I might check it out. Is it to late to be starting something like this though sounds like some of you are almost through?

My LO can point and wave and play guitar (not well but he grabs the pic and everything) But I wish he would say more. He has Da-da down and when he is upset Mama. and once he asked for a baba (while handing me his empty one over the crib rail) so I know he knows it but just doesn't try. Does this help with speaking at all?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image       image

image A look at my future

• Options
    My lo is "playing" like a big boy. We catch him putting balls into the alligator toy and doing other fun things by himself. I have the app & I bought the book off of Amazon. 
    According to the app, our babies just went through the Sequences leap.
    *Eating ceral with a spoon, grab the spoon, spoon in bowl etc....
    *Stack rings
    *repeats a game
    *imitates
    *TRIES to put on socks but does not succeed

They also at this stage:
    *sit quietly day dreaming--yup that's him
    *sucks thumb---my lo is randomly doing this.

The big thing my LO is doing is crawling up stairs....bug no-no right now.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    With the Dino popper toy he likes to put the balls in the hole. When they come out of the mouth he will put them in the hole all over again. He did put the spoon into the bowl and then his mouth just once.

I think I should practice this, brushing hair, etc more often.

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    DD has this toy:

https://www.toysrus.com/buy/sights-sounds/playskool-play-n-learn-color-me-hungry-hippo-a3208-23197136

She has figured out how to unlatch the belly to get her pieces back out. 

She also likes to  play with the straws in anyone's cup.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LO tried brushing her hair yesterday. She points, tries to unscrew caps on things, and has started pushing on door handles.

• Options
    @aintnoyuppiemom‌ you can download the app anytime. It actually doesn't guide you through anything, but it does explain where your child is development wise. But it won't help you with teaching words etc, sorry.

• Options
    @katiecgc - thanks...I just read this article on pointing..

https://www.playingwithwords365.com/2012/01/the-importance-of-pointing/

Apparently, it is important..but we have some time before we should get concerned.
  • Options
    A likes to wash his hands (put his hands under the water, get soap, turn sink off, dry hands) and try to brush his teeth. He also tries to brush his hair.  I don't see him trying to put his socks on any time soon, we don't even make it out the door with them still on his feet most days...LOL
    photo 557d2a08-8ed4-4d2b-9ba6-5f4850d67476.jpg
  • Options
    smg2302 said:

She also likes to  play with the straws in anyone's cup.

Rachel also loves straws
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm