Babies on the Brain
Options

TTC...Or at least I thought.

Ok ladies, So I am new to this whole thing a little nervous/shy but I just needed to get some advice from someone more experienced!! 

So here's the deal. Two weeks ago my husband and I decided that we would start TTC. I was so FREAKING EXCITED, I have been working as a receptionist at the same work place as him and have been feeling on a One Way Road to no where. I don't want to be receptionist for my whole life! I want to have a house, make dinner, and have babies! So I felt like my dreams for life were FINALLY coming true! So I got off the pill and we started trying right away....and I am talking like about every night, several times a day. It was great and it also lasted for about a week and a half until my husband decided to put it to a STOP. 

It came out of NO WHERE. Given, I should have taken the signs of me constantly talking about baby names, baby toys, all baby stuff and him having little to no response...but I asked him A MILLION TIMES are you sure are you sure?? Only to end the conversation in a session of TTC! Then just this last Tuesday he decides to tell me that HE DOESN'T WANT TO TTC ANYMORE. 

I was mad (still am) and just want to cry...in fact I want to cry about everything lately. If I see an old man on the side of the street by himself I was to cry, which brings me to my second point. I haven't been feeling like the A-OK normal healthy girl I usually feel. I have had several episodes of nausea...having one right now as I am typing...my boobs have been a little achy and I want to cry about EVERY SINGLE THING. 

Could I be pregnant? I have taken two test and they all obviously came out negative because I know it's too early but I feel like I have to know!! Especially since my husband decided to change his mind and not speak up when he should have. The whole thing is stressing me out and I just need to know! What do I do? Obviously now if I am pregnant I am going to feel guilty and that it is my fault. I just want to throw up thinking about the entire situation. 

I would love someones advice of what I should do!! I feel at a complete and utter loss!!!

Re: TTC...Or at least I thought.

• Options

Ok ladies, So I am new to this whole thing a little nervous/shy but I just needed to get some advice from someone more experienced!! 

So here's the deal. Two weeks ago my husband and I decided that we would start TTC. I was so FREAKING EXCITED, I have been working as a receptionist at the same work place as him and have been feeling on a One Way Road to no where. I don't want to be receptionist for my whole life! I want to have a house, make dinner, and have babies! So I felt like my dreams for life were FINALLY coming true! So I got off the pill and we started trying right away....and I am talking like about every night, several times a day. It was great and it also lasted for about a week and a half until my husband decided to put it to a STOP. 

It came out of NO WHERE. Given, I should have taken the signs of me constantly talking about baby names, baby toys, all baby stuff and him having little to no response...but I asked him A MILLION TIMES are you sure are you sure?? Only to end the conversation in a session of TTC! Then just this last Tuesday he decides to tell me that HE DOESN'T WANT TO TTC ANYMORE. 

I was mad (still am) and just want to cry...in fact I want to cry about everything lately. If I see an old man on the side of the street by himself I was to cry, which brings me to my second point. I haven't been feeling like the A-OK normal healthy girl I usually feel. I have had several episodes of nausea...having one right now as I am typing...my boobs have been a little achy and I want to cry about EVERY SINGLE THING. 

Could I be pregnant? I have taken two test and they all obviously came out negative because I know it's too early but I feel like I have to know!! Especially since my husband decided to change his mind and not speak up when he should have. The whole thing is stressing me out and I just need to know! What do I do? Obviously now if I am pregnant I am going to feel guilty and that it is my fault. I just want to throw up thinking about the entire situation. 

I would love someones advice of what I should do!! I feel at a complete and utter loss!!!

Since coming off the pill my PMS symptoms have significantly increased. Sadly, PMS symptoms are almost identical to pregnancy symptoms. The only way you'll know if you're pregnant is by taking a test. If the test is negative, then you aren't pregnant.

If you go 60 days without a period and no positive tests, call your doctor and he'll give you something to start your period.

TTC #1 October 2012
    Me (30): PCOS DH (31): SA looks good

12/13: Clomid + IUI = BFN

1/14: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN

2/14: Benched = BCP

3/14: Femara = BFN

4/14: Break for job change = BFP!! EDD 1/5/15

• Options

If you were having unprotected sex right before and during ovulation, yes you could be preganant. 

However, having sex multiple times a day while not during your fertile days will not result in a pregnancy.

We can't tell if you are pregnant; you just have to wait to see if your period arrives. Stop testing for now and then test if/when you are late.

As for the issue with your H, I am suspecting cold feet.  If you are not pregnant (and I sort of hope like you aren't-- because it doesn't seem like it's a good time for you) ask you H if you can re visit the idea in 6 months.

GL. 

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Don't know why this random quote box is here....

Hi

I feel like you've been given plenty of good advice on when to test again and the fact that your symptoms are probably related to stopping BC and not pregnancy so I'll skip over that.

My guess is that all of the quotes I have bolded above are why your husband has lost interest in TTC right now. Expecting to have sex daily, multiple times a day, for any extended period of time is unrealistic. It probably feels like his entire life has gone from normal to NOTHING but sexy time --> baby talk --> stress out --> repeat in a matter of 2 weeks. He could be very overwhelmed, as PP speculated. That's enough to kill anyone's mood. However, there could always be other reasons that only open communication will reveal.

As everyone else suggested, take time to learn about your body and the TTC process. Maintain your normal lives and normal hobbies. Don't put so much pressure on yourself and your husband to make it happen RIGHT NOW, because that's just not how the process works. I agree with the idea of placing it on the back burner with a time frame of when you guys will revisit the topic. Take a deep breath......hope y'all work it out soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. - Morticia Adams
  • Options
    I agree 100% with what all the other girls said.

We were not trying to get pregnant and when it happened my husband kind of freaked. I talked about baby stuff 24/7 and he never said anything. I soon figured out that he was dealing with the fact that he was going to be a dad in his own way.

If your husband got cold feet, like suggested, talk to him about it and if he seems like he isn't 100% for it then wait a few month. Use condoms and let your body regulate from coming off the pill. Then when you are ready to try just stop using condoms.

Cool it on the baby talk. I made a secret Pinterest board with all baby stuff to calm my excitement and talked to my girlfriends. Most of the time men are not as excited as the women.

And I agree that you should learn about how fertility works. Just because you have sex multiple times a day does not up your chances of getting pregnant. It only takes one sperm to knock you up. Lurk on the TTGP board for a bit and you can learn a lot from those ladies as well.

Oh yes, negative pregnancy test means you're not pregnant. Test once a week until you get a positive or your period.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"