Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Mom-to-be must-haves!

Re: Mom-to-be must-haves!

• Options
    edited January 2015

While pregnant... hmmm I would say I had to have dresses, back brace from motherhood maternity, and pedicures!

Now that baby is here.... I would gt swaddles and then I would get a swaddle transitioner.... Saved us! You can get them at etsy.com/shop/created4her etsy.com/shop/izzyandviolets etsy.com/shop/tamatia or zipadeezip.com... regardless where you get it doesn't matter but we loved it!

Also.. I found a youtube video on a really neat way to swaddle where it gets tucked in so they can't get out as easily. I don't remember what it was called but go to youtube and look at the different ways to swaddle. We didn't put her arms behind her bac like it said to but we did every other part of it.

• Options
    Microwavable heating pad! I used it ALL the time. I also have more of my favorites on my blog:

www.lindsaylatelyblog.com

XX
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    could not live with out my bellybands!! got to wear my old clothes longer and made my maternity clothes lay nicer, Also kept me warm during the cold months 
  • Options
    A full body pillow...love this one form leachco.
  • Options
    A pregnancy pillow, definitely!
  • Options
    Cocoa Butter and TED Hose

And a husband to take the older kids out of the house at least once a week!  :)
  • Options
    Olive oil for stretch marks and lotions to moisturize my skin. Mine was very itchy like hell.
  • Options
    Flip flops flip flops flip flops. My feet would not fit in any other shoe.The belly band helped a lot as well! Ouch my back and feet.
  • Options
    Body pillow for sure!
  • Options
    Omg yes, the snoogle full body pillow. Also prune juice, and stevia liquid flavored drops( i am diabetic, so it was a lifesaver for my occasional sweet tooth, and english tofee flavor in my milk help me drink enpugh to boost calcium)
  • Options
    A Snoogle body pillow!
  • Options
    I'm surprised more people aren't saying a yoga ball.  It was Soooo helpful to sit on during the day to take pressure on my back and also to bounce on when trying to induce labor (and later on to bounce on with a crying baby).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LeaALeaA member
    Pregnancy pillow! I tried to just use regular pillows to save the money then my husband bought one for me. Sooo much better! And stretch mark cream. I don't know if it actually works or was a coincidence, but I don't have any stretch marks.
  • Options
    I agree that the pregnancy pillow has been a real lifesaver!! Coconut oil for stretch mark prevention, as well. Not necessarily a product, but a friend recommended a pregnancy documentary to me, and it was really great to watch other women go through this as well. It was called 40 Weeks. Has anyone else heard of it?
  • Options
    Earth Mama Angel Baby Pregnancy Bundles like the first time mom kit and the post-partum recovery kit.  All the products you need to get through those long days of pregnancy and recovery.

I can do hard things
  • Options
    Since I see so many posts on it, but most of your American OBs seem to prescribe pills for it - liquid Gaviscon for all of that yucky heartburn.  It is safe, over the counter, and the liquid form just pushes all of that acid back down and is almost immediate pain relief because of it!
  • Options
    cdee123cdee123 member
    Bump Boxes!!  They have safe, amazing products....you can build your own or get a subscription.  https://bumpboxes.com/
  • Options
    xsimixxsimix member
    My maternity leggings from motherhood, the high waist ones!!! No body pillow, I hated that thing, it's like you are trapped and it's a B to get out of it you just simply need to turn on the other side. Recommend king size pillow and done queen size pillows bathe bigger you get the more pillows you will want around you LOL
  • Options
    DielsenDielsen member

Mom-to-be must-have?

Few days ago I saw
    this commercial, which usually advertises diapers yet this time my attention
    got on the 3D printed unborn baby photo. The ad itself was really touching thou
    I wonder how many moms in here would use the chance and be able to see their
    baby from a different angle before birth? In my case, I am really considering
    trying it out, because I think its a one time opportunity of creating a beautiful memory.

If anybody has not
    seen the Huggies new video yet, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD0AC43fc_4

Also I did a little bit of research and found an article which introduces this
    kind of technology and the prints of the babies look much more realistic than
    in the commercial.

Article:

https://www.baby.co.uk/mum_stories/would-you-3d-print-your-pregnancy-scan/

So, what are your thoughts about this idea?

• Options
    Flip flops & my compression socks  :x
    Mommy can't wait to meet you Max <3 EDD 08.26.15
  • Options
    My nipple cream
  • Options
    Sea bands - they go on your wrists to make you feel less nauseated. I use them every day! And Ginger Ale...
  • Options
    I am almost out of my first trimester, and I wouldn't have survived without my shower seat. It's built in, but you could get one from a med supply store. Sickness would hit me a lot in the shower, and it was bad enough that my knees would buckle. It was so much easier to just sit and aim for the drain. Gross? Yes. Not as gross as buckling to the shower floor and then throwing up, though.
  • Options
    Nasal strips! I snored SO loud while I was pregnant and those helped a lot. My husband was happy and I slept better too. 
  • Options
    Saltine crackers! I have been having really bad morning sickness so saltines and other types of crackers have been my number one go to during my pregnancy. 
  • Options
    I have both body pillow and a snoogle.. best combination ever.
  • Options
    wiwix3wiwix3 member
    My partner❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    AlsoneAlsone member
    To save me from heart burn I made a mixture of 1/2 tea spoon bicarb soda mixed with 3/4 cup water and carried it everywhere with me. Works strait away every time. It's a life saver
  • Options
    LaratiLarati member
    A body pillow! 
  • Options
    The snoogle is the most amazing pillow a person could ever ask for! I have never slept so well. I would recommend anyone to get it not only if you are pregnant. A beautiful invention.
  • Options
    A good pregnancy pillow, organic ice cream, lots of belly oil and the Stretch Softly tank and shorts set that helps keep the belly oil on your skin, GapMaternity jeans, Traditional Medicinals Pregnancy tea. And of course a little chocolate :)
  • Options
    Maxi dresses! Amazing. They don't have to cost a fortune and keep me so cool this summer. I always gets comments about them too which is lovely when you're feeling rubbish.

I bought ones I can wear when I'm not pregnant next summer too so saving money.
  • Options
    so far:

clothing: dresses that tie halter style and flare from under "the girls" (makes you still feminine especially on those downer days and allows for the expansion of LO and when "the girls" start to increase in volume), yoga pants, loose training bras, any shirt with built in bras and loose waist, etc.

cosmetic: i avoid it except maybe mascara and maybe some hydrating lip balm or gloss in a light tone. maybe some lighter for around the eyes (i dont always sleep so well and it shows) and dark spots. body butter in small container in purse for through the day. st.Ives vitamin E hydrating body lotion from shoppers for morning (after shower, helps to seal in hydration provided from water) and night before bed.

items: water bottle, Body pillow... i tend to carry it to every room that i plan to relax in for more than a few hours, drives SO nuts cause it takes up "valuable bed space" (honestly, it helps stop him from pushing me off the bed in his sleep, when he rolls i roll, the pillow stops me from rolling too far lol)

consumables: water!!! cranberry juice (most women dont realize when they have an infection "down there" when pregnant, so i try to keep flushed as much as possible just in case), orange juice, apple juice, etc... fruits, veggies, non-box snacks (healthier), eggs, milk, pancake ingredients, other stuff too, but too much to list
  • Options
    A sweet husband to help with everything was amazing.

Definitely my yoga ball though, bouncing really took pressure off my back and helped with those late night bh/contractions.

Oh and buffalo rock ginger ale for the 1st and 2nd trimesters with all that damned morning day and night sickness.
  • Options
    amazing app i discovered for early stimulation, give it a try! it´s called Kinedu! it personalizes a plan for your baby´s development!! 
  • Options
    deff a maxi dress!!! 
  • Options
    Hey does anyone knows why some individuals doesn't have a straight belly fore instance when I take a pic of my belly it's not centered . It's a little lean !
  • Options
    Maternity clothes, especially pants and leggings. Wish I got a body pillow earlier but I waited until the end of pregnancy. Ginger chews were very helpful for nausea. If there is a next time I'll definitely try to get and try out a yoga ball. And got to look up this back brace that's been mentioned on here.