Options

Placenta Encapsulation

AngelcakeAngelcake member
edited March 2014 in Oregon Babies
::::: Edited by Mod for TOS violation::::
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Placenta Encapsulation

• Options
    honest question here... when you open the bottle of capsules does it smell like anything?? I have a thing with smells.
  • Options
    melzh411 said:
    honest question here... when you open the bottle of capsules does it smell like anything?? I have a thing with smells.
    I just sniffed my bottle. lol  There is a very faint smell. I am guessing it could just be the smell of the actual capsules them self? I have never noticed a smell (which would gross me out) when I take my capsules.
    Let me know if you have anymore questions!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AngelcakeAngelcake member
    edited March 2014
    ::::: Edited by Mod for TOS violation::::
  • Options
    Mine smelled like vitamins.
  • Options
    Those who encapsulated placenta, where did you give birth? I am wondering how it works if you give birth in the hospital, and want to keep placenta for encapsulation.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    There is a law in Oregon now that the placenta is yours if you want it. :)  I gave birth at St. V's and had my placenta encapsulated. If you are wanting to have it encapsulated, just let your provider know as well as the staff at the hospital. Sometimes pathology want it, but you can tell them they can take a piece from it in your room (you don't want it to go to pathology or it could possibly come in contact with chemicals).
    Hope that helps :)  I do placenta encapsulation @MrsPDX
  • Options
    Angelcake said:

There is a law in Oregon now that the placenta is yours if you want it. :)  I gave birth at St. V's and had my placenta encapsulated. If you are wanting to have it encapsulated, just let your provider know as well as the staff at the hospital. Sometimes pathology want it, but you can tell them they can take a piece from it in your room (you don't want it to go to pathology or it could possibly come in contact with chemicals).
    Hope that helps :)  I do placenta encapsulation @MrsPDX

This is great! I'm also giving birth at St V, and was so worried they would be strict about it! Thanks so much!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsPDX Of course! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"