July 2014 Moms
Options

Random thread- for all things random.

Re: Random thread- for all things random.

• Options

For all my southern folks... 

I'll be dressing Cam up in a little baby cow costume HAHA. Free food for the WHOLE family
    I live in CA, but there are two CFA's, both two hours away from me. If either of them were closer, id be all about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's great seeing all of these birth announcements.  I'm amazed at how many July babies have been born in June.  I always look to see how far along mom was.  I've noticed a lot of 37/38 week babies.  I want LO to come when it's time, but has anyone ever wondered why some women, with no complications, go early and some go well over their due date?

I would love it if LO was ready to come soon, but I think he's just too comfy in there.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

I'll be dressing Cam up in a little baby cow costume HAHA. Free food for the WHOLE family
    Genius.
    hi

• Options

squnkie said:

My post wouldn't add a picture for some reason.. Here's the kitty! Isn't he cute?image

I name my pets after funky movie characters. That little tux should be named Mumble, after the penguin in Happy Feet.

I so need you to name my next pet!! You come up with the cutest names!
  • Options

Our cars were broken into last night. X( Right in our driveway. Thankfully they didn't take the carseats or stroller...in fact, only about $20 worth of stuff was taken from my car (a little Thirty-One pouch filled with Chapstick, floss, pens, etc). Thankfully my dad is borrowing my gps so that wasn't in there. However, they took DH's $1200 golf clubs from his car. And it's really unnerving knowing that this was done right outside our door. People are dumb. Did I mention we live right next to Pawn America? The police said that's the first place he's checking...annoying.

I'm so sorry this happened to you! My house was broken into last week and it's the peace of mind thing that is so unnerving. I'm still getting over it. I'm sorry they took your DH's golf clubs. :( Sending positive thoughts your way!!
  • Options

Nooot just a southern thing :D we love some chick fil a in California too. Mmmmmmmmmm that sounds like I might have to go right after I get out if this check up... And it's right up the block

• Options
    Just had my first "you need to have the baby on this day" comment. My FIL just told me that his mom will be in town the 13-22 and she would really like to hold her great-grandson so I need to have the baby while she's here. I was very proud of myself for not rolling my eyes or laughing in his face.
  • Options

This is my due date! If I'm feeling like a cow anyway, might as well get a free meal, right? :P
  • Options

@ichabody - I didn't want to spoil your announcement thread but I was curious if he made any attempt to see the baby yet.  (((hugs)))

@ichabody

Same here. I am so glad you have a kickass support team around you (looks like it via that photo of you and bebe Jonah) but I found myself wondering last night what kind of man, finds out he has a child on the way and just .. checks out. You really are better off and have pulled yourself out of that first month or so of asking the "whys"

You've shown yourself to be a pretty tough chick and I respect you for it. Jonah has one badass Mommy!

Thank you ladies! I called him at noon day of birth to inform him. After he finished yelling at me for not telling him I had been in labor, I told him he could come to the house Tuesday or Wednesday to meet the baby. He showed up uninvited at the hospital 3 hours later... I was NOT pleased but made nice for a 20 minute visit.

He has since been to the house once with his dad for an hour visit.

• Options
    Has anyone else been told that their baby is engaged on their cervix (70% effaced and dilated .5 cm) but the baby hasn't dropped yet?
    Just looking at me the midwife said I'd go past my due date, but after the pelvic exam she said it could be any day. MIL keeps telling me my body isn't ready because she hasn't dropped, which at this point is infuriating to me. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.
  • Options
    elisehay said:
    Has anyone else been told that their baby is engaged on their cervix (70% effaced and dilated .5 cm) but the baby hasn't dropped yet? Just looking at me the midwife said I'd go past my due date, but after the pelvic exam she said it could be any day. MIL keeps telling me my body isn't ready because she hasn't dropped, which at this point is infuriating to me. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

My baby was really high up when I went into labor last time. Unfortunately, everything means pretty much nothing, so while it's common for baby to have dropped before you go into labor, it doesn't mean it won't happen.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • Options
    reg202reg202 member
    mamakiss said:
    Are we inviting a whole other realm of BSC people by telling lurkers to come out of lurking? J14 is about to get really interesting ;)
    I'm afraid that now that I'm making an effort to not lurk as much, I'M going to bring out the BSC.  For the record, I'm so happy I stuck around with J14 because we (mostly you in the past) handle BSC like pros.  Snarky pros.

• Options
    I can't believe we are up to 51 baby announcements and it's not even July yet! Anyone have any idea how many of us are in this community??? I'm just curious thinking about the amount overall compare to the amount of us who have already had their little ones...
  • Options

elisehay said:

Has anyone else been told that their baby is engaged on their cervix (70% effaced and dilated .5 cm) but the baby hasn't dropped yet?
    Just looking at me the midwife said I'd go past my due date, but after the pelvic exam she said it could be any day. MIL keeps telling me my body isn't ready because she hasn't dropped, which at this point is infuriating to me. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

I think I'd trust the midwife who did the pelvic exam over a MIL just looking at me...

Well, yeah. I believe that's the point. I was just looking for some relatability in the form of a similar experience. :\">
  • Options
    jessa8907 said:
    rach1285 said:
    I can't believe we are up to 51 baby announcements and it's not even July yet! Anyone have any idea how many of us are in this community??? I'm just curious thinking about the amount overall compare to the amount of us who have already had their little ones...
    1,495 people have voted in the baby names/sex thread poll.
    damn

image image
  • Options

jessa8907 said:

rach1285 said:

1,495 people have voted in the baby names/sex thread poll.

damn

Thank you, wow that is way more than I thought! Good reference point (sex poll)! It just goes to show it really is a 50/50 chance boy vs. girl!
  • Options
    I have stuff to get done today but am currently trapped on my couch due to the worst leg cramp EVER and after the shooting pain when i got up to pee that made me drop to the ground, it is just lingering and now im afraid to move an inch for it to happen again. It wont go away and idk what to do :(
  • Options
    @kenziebug22 I used to get leg cramps all the freaking time. Do you think you may be a little dehydrated? Try drinking some water and just stretching out your leg slowly. I hope it goes away. Those shits are the worst. 

imageimage

• Options
    Had a dream last night that the OB refused to not tell me the sex of my baby (it was a girl) and not only was she insisting on telling ME, she followed me home to tell my husband. I was so angry. Less than two weeks to go don't ruin my surprise!
  • Options
    amlonica said:

Had a dream last night that the OB refused to not tell me the sex of my baby (it was a girl) and not only was she insisting on telling ME, she followed me home to tell my husband. I was so angry. Less than two weeks to go don't ruin my surprise!

Thats a good one! I love that she followed you home!
  • Options
    Add one to that number. I never put my team green vote in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    elisehay said:

I swear if one more person gives me the you haven't dropped yet line I'll scream. We see the OB today again so hoping for some more progress (last week 50-60% effaced and fingertip dilated). I know really it means nothing but it's something to hold on to when Im puking every morning!
  • Options
    Oh yea, and I am SO EXCITED today is my last day of work. Maternity leave starts at 330pm!! I originally was going to work until I went into labor but my job is ridiculous and I barely get breaks so DH and I decided to say screw it and have me be done today. I can't wait to relax and not have to be up at 530 am every day. Annnndd DH is a teacher so he's going to be home too. :D
  • Options
    I just got a phone call to confirm my Monday RCS. They said I can't wear makeup. I'm like "you mean...not even on my face?" "It says no makeup." Oh. I'm irrationally sad about this. I'm not a big makeup wearer, but always have something on. FWP.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"