Cloth Diapering
Options

Duggars

I think their oldest son and his wife use cloth on their baby girl. Or she always has a really full sposie. Now I feel like a creep looking at her potential fluffy butt trying to figure it out. I'm only on season 5, does anyone know?!

And could you imagine all of the diapers the Duggars have used?! It makes me sick to think about it. Although she has three in diapers at this point in the show and that would be a lot of laundry on top of the millions of loads a day they do already.

PS- Don't judge me!! This morning sickness is kicking my butt and I don't want to waste my good shows and watch them all at once. So I find shitty shows on Netflix as fillers. :)
Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: Duggars

• Options
    I stop being concerned with those people just by them having….twenty kids? unnatural.

sorry you're feeling so sick :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't be too shocked if they all used cloth. Think about the kind of group their in. It's probably like that way to save money for the horde of kids they have and all the members like them. Could you imagine diapering 19 kids?? Sposies for that is just mind boggling. She had enough older kids to do the dirty work as well.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know the parents don't use cloth.

That's exciting, bookitup! I guess I haven't gotten there yet.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    I binge watched this during bed rest/postpartum. There was an episode where they mentioned how many diapers they had gone through and I remember thinking, " why don't they use cloth?" but I think they had only 1 washing machine through the first 15 (now they have 4).

I like watching Anna's birth story episodes. 
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    The next episode I watched, she mentioned she balances out driving a hummer with her clothes diapers. :)
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    Ok, who are this people?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, who are this people?
    They are a family of Quiverful's. They are uber religious and do not believe in BC. So, they have 19 kids. Their eldest son is also married and now has 3 kids (and counting). It's kind of an effed up situation really. A lot of their people do not do things like have a baby in a hospital, women cannot work, they home school, they cannot date, ect. There is some question as to whether or not there is child abuse though since their parenting book is very (severely) child abuse-like.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ChichigoChichigo member
    edited February 2014
    They take "be fruitful and multiply" to an extreme, and use absolutely no birth control, not even natural planning.
    ETA: autocorrect fail
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Ok, who are this people?
    They are a family of Quiverful's. They are uber religious and do not believe in BC. So, they have 19 kids. Their eldest son is also married and now has 3 kids (and counting). It's kind of an effed up situation really. A lot of their people do not do things like have a baby in a hospital, women cannot work, they home school, they cannot date, ect. There is some question as to whether or not there is child abuse though since their parenting book is very (severely) child abuse-like.
    Gee, the last time I had tv, the oldest was expecting his first.  No wonder I don't miss the tv.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    potterowl said:

potterowl said:

I have a friend with 4 kids, oldest is 4. I can't imagine how many diapers they have used. Ahhh. The cost and the terrible damage to our planet. 
    Hey now, I'm about to have 4 and my oldest is only 5.
    But you are in cloth so all ok. Nothing against people having lots of kids or lots close together. Just against the diapers.

Anyway, why would try use more diapers because their kids are close together?
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Chichigo said:

They take "be fruitful and multiply" to an extreme, and use absolutely no birth control, not even natural planning.

ETA: autocorrect fail
    And also happen to be extremely fertile haha! I know lots of people IRL who do not use BC at all but the average family size is 4-6. A couple have 12 , but some also only have 2.
    Married 6/18/11

• Options
    I'm speechless, and you ladies like to wach this kid of things. The will made me sick, how can you put attention to people like them.
  • Options
    Ive been watching Quints by Surprise lately, but with baited breath bc I'm afraid it will get Dui ed for me like the Duggars or the Goslings.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    bookitup said:

The show itself appears pretty wholesome. They have conservative values and always highlight how the family works together to accomplish things. They are very frugal, volunteer and do community service, display their Christian faith in a pretty "normal" way, don't watch tv, all the kids get along, do chores, and play with each other. It's only when you start researching them that all the other BS starts surfacing. Lots of people love the show because all they see is a wholesome, conservative family with many kids making it work.

I was questioning my parenting style when people called them child abusers. I hadn't seen anything horrible on the show. I don't research them or anything, so maybe that's why?

I don't see an issue with kids learning valuable skills like cooking, cleaning, fixing things and childcare. I think with so many kids, the children have to step up too much when it should be the parents role.

I know she has lost a few babies after the 19th, I didn't know about the treatments, that's crazy to me! I think that's her sign.

ETA
    I think it's refreshing that they can financially support their children. That is impressive. I would have a huge problem if they were living off aid because they won't keep it in their pants.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    JEPES1348 said:
    Obviously the phrase "a lot of kids" is very subjective. There's a HUGE difference between 4 kids, and 20. One issue I take with the Duggars is that I think it's rather unfair to all of the kids to have 20 kids. The older kids naturally fall into the role of caregivers to the younger kids and babies, and I think that's not okay. Of course I think it's great for older kids to help out and play a role in their younger siblings' lives, but I don't think the older children should have to act like additional parents just because their parents decided to keep procreating. Teenagers should be allowed to be teenagers, not daily caregivers to infants and toddlers solely because Mom and Dad don't have enough eyes or hands to take care of everyone. I think all the children are being somewhat robbed of parental attention and typical childhood experiences. That's just my opinion, but to each their own. I will not be having 20 children, though I also started too late in life to even come close to that number! 

This is good poin. On the other hand, where is the quality of life for this kids. I'm not talking about financial, I'm talking about life. Because the parents are selfish thinking on how to made their own perfect world, they don't realize how much they mentally hurt they own kids. Made them think the everything in life has to be their way. People can have as many kids they want, but give them attention, love don't just let other do the job.
  • Options
    Honestly, the reason I dislike the Duggars is due to their parenting methods as well as the complete and utter brainwashing they've done to those kids. Those kids have zero say in their lives. They cannot even date! Yet their Daddy gets to essentially sign his little contract for them to "court" and marry without so much as a kiss or hug before the wedding. The women cannot hold jobs or go to college besides becoming a doula or lay midwife. Then there is their parenting methods. They promote a book called "How to Raise Up a Child". This book tells you to stick a 6 month old baby on a blanket. If he moves or makes too much noise your supposed to hit it with a switch to train them to be quiet and do as their told. It's disgusting and wrong.
  • Options
    Honestly, the reason I dislike the Duggars is due to their parenting methods as well as the complete and utter brainwashing they've done to those kids. Those kids have zero say in their lives. They cannot even date! Yet their Daddy gets to essentially sign his little contract for them to "court" and marry without so much as a kiss or hug before the wedding. The women cannot hold jobs or go to college besides becoming a doula or lay midwife. Then there is their parenting methods. They promote a book called "How to Raise Up a Child". This book tells you to stick a 6 month old baby on a blanket. If he moves or makes too much noise your supposed to hit it with a switch to train them to be quiet and do as their told. It's disgusting and wrong.
    Obviously the whole "How to Train a Child" thing is horrible, but I think the no dating thing is really refreshing and I really respect it. MIchelle and Anna Duggar have both worked at their family businesses, and the some of the older daughters are getting degrees online. 
    I just think that while the Duggars are a very extreme example, they are used to say that anything against mainstream secular values is brainwashing. 
    Married 6/18/11

• Options
    How is that refreshing? It's wrong. They barely knew each other before marriage. They can't get divorced later. I dunno. I'm not Christian in any way shape or form. Maybe my heathen attitude towards dating and sex cloud that? I couldn't imagine getting married without spending some serious alone time with the person. Not having chaperoned dates as an ADULT. To have Daddy interview and approve before they can even court.

Also, the work thing was discussed in an episode. Technically that is the only jobs besides being sally homemaker and child rearer they are allowed. This is why the 2 older girls were taking online courses for.
  • Options
    I <3 you @zareceligon!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Honestly, they are a cult. They are raising those kids in a cult. It's wrong. It just is.
  • Options
    I kind of wonder.....would they be able to afford all of their children WITHOUT the tv show and such?

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    doeie04 said:
    The show itself appears pretty wholesome. They have conservative values and always highlight how the family works together to accomplish things. They are very frugal, volunteer and do community service, display their Christian faith in a pretty "normal" way, don't watch tv, all the kids get along, do chores, and play with each other. It's only when you start researching them that all the other BS starts surfacing. Lots of people love the show because all they see is a wholesome, conservative family with many kids making it work.
    I was questioning my parenting style when people called them child abusers. I hadn't seen anything horrible on the show. I don't research them or anything, so maybe that's why? I don't see an issue with kids learning valuable skills like cooking, cleaning, fixing things and childcare. I think with so many kids, the children have to step up too much when it should be the parents role. I know she has lost a few babies after the 19th, I didn't know about the treatments, that's crazy to me! I think that's her sign. ETA I think it's refreshing that they can financially support their children. That is impressive. I would have a huge problem if they were living off aid because they won't keep it in their pants.

All this kid of daily basic, you can teach them to your kids as they are growing, made it fun for them. Like I do with my LO.i like cleaning my dishes while my LO,is playing with the water. Or coking while I'm teaching him the name of the eggs,or the onion etc. But these people are making them to do their job for them.
  • Options
    Honestly, they are a cult. They are raising those kids in a cult. It's wrong. It just is.

I don't know it is a cult or not. It just made me think a bout hitler, the culture from Iran.and other cultures. This people life are base in some of this cultures. I think.
  • Options

I don't know it is a cult or not. It just made me think a bout hitler, the culture from Iran.and other cultures. This people life are base in some of this cultures. I think.

The quiverful movement is a cult. It's right up there with super mormons, jehovas witnesses, and scientology.
  • Options
    Also, when the kids start questioning or get out of hand they send them to some reprogramming camp. It's gross.
  • Options
    I never watched much so I used to be okay with them. This thread ruined it for me...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"