1st Trimester

Anyone else against the flu shot?

I've never had the flu shot and will never get one. Same goes for DS. I'm a TERRIBLE mother!!! haha I'm a teacher and I'm sure I'm exposed to every stand of flu that is out there. The flu shot only "protects" you from certain strands when there are TONS out there. I believe in washing hands and doing things to reduce the spread of germs. I know some will flame, but I will never change my mind on this one. I'm ok with being a terrible mother and being sooooooooo at risk. haha! There has to be others out there that are against the flu shot. I speak to people daily that do not believe in them. 
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 MC #1 6/13 (6weeks),  MC #2 8/13 (7weeks)
                                      Lila Elizabeth EDD 9/28/14
Huntersbirdcriscbishdazzlestar78funnibunni80mikrinikki

Re: Anyone else against the flu shot?

• Not trying to sound cool at all. I just don't believe in them and will not inject my child with a dead virus. Everyone is entitled to do what they want. This is my own choice and don't feel bad about it. Just wondering if there are other people on Tri 1 that feel the same. So sensitive around here. 
  • Not trying to sound cool at all. I just don't believe in them and will not inject my child with a dead virus. Everyone is entitled to do what they want. This is my own choice and don't feel bad about it. Just wondering if there are other people on Tri 1 that feel the same. So sensitive around here. 
    No one is being sensitive. If you lurked a bit, you would know this is a hot topic (any vaccine, and especially anti-vaccine post). This is dealing with our own health and the health of others. Especially since there have been many posts recently about deaths of pregnant women, infants, and children THIS flu season from the flu and its complications.
    I've been lurking on Tri 1 since I was pregnant with DS and he is 3.5. I saw the other posts and that is exactly why I asked if anyone on here didn't believe in the shot since I already read who is so for it. Again, I wanted to hear from others who did not and will not get the shot. 
  • There is no injectable flu vaccine that doesn't have thimerosol, the organic mercury compound that is used as a preservative (there are other childhood vaccinations that have only trace amounts of it).  No single strain of influenza has been determined vitally necessary to the recommended childrens' vaccination schedule; therefore, not getting the flu vaccine does NOT increase the likelihood of an epidemic - influenza diseases are considered relatively benign and surmountable by the average immune system.  There have been scientific, double-blind, peer-reviewed studies of what causes chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple sclerosis, autism, schizophrenia, and many other diseases - but current medical science still does not know the cause of those diseases.  Medical science DOES know that mercury is bad for you.  I'm gonna go ahead and err on the side of common sense: if someone who's not an expert tells me that a poison is okay to eat, I'm just going to skip the poison anyway.

ktlucasaghouston86
  • OP: We just lost two pregnant women here in Wisconsin who did not have the flu shot. I hope you don't get the flu.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    somerandomchickwishiwaspreggoKateysomething
  • I'll make sure to pass your sentiments on to the family of the pregnant woman that is being removed from life support today. Her baby died after her 106 fever. She also suffered brain damage. I'm part of her church mothers' group. Get the fucking shot & don't be a moron.

Don't forget to relay OP's ever so obnoxious and mocking "haha!"

That poor family. How terribly sad.
    somerandomchickemotionlotionLadyBlue07
  • I said "haha" to my terrible mother comment. Wow 1st Tri never changes... Uptight. Again, I was asking if anyone else is against the shot. 
  • rlyttle said:
    I said "haha" to my terrible mother comment. Wow 1st Tri never changes... Uptight. Again, I was asking if anyone else is against the shot. 
    • • •
    monster '06 | peanut '09 | bones '12 | little ass kicker '13
    "Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?" Alfred Tennyson
    imageimage

somerandomchickemotionlotioncruelsoundlrachelle80