January 2013 Moms
Options

Weaning if eating in MOTN?

I know this is the third weaning post so forgive me but you can tell we are all starting to think about this stuff!

I am one of the lucky ones who has a DD that still eats often in the MOTN.  She has far less interest during the day and probably would only nurse before naps and at bedtime if I let her.  I currently offer the breast once or twice more simply because she is still nursing in the MOTN and I don't want to shortchange her of calories during the day only to have her make up for it at night.

So, since we are teething and show no signs of letting up of at least 2 MOTN nursing sessions, how do i start the weaning process?  I have already been supplementing bottles with WCM per the ped's recommendation since I used up my freezer supply practicing with the sippy.  Do I drop the extra nursing day sessions since she is not that interested unless sleepy?  Then maybe she will take more solids and eventually once we have a mouthful of teeth I can work on losing the night feeds?  Switch to all WCM except nursing? 

I have come to grips with the fact that we are not going to STTN for a while over here and am fine with following her lead with weaning but didn't know how to go about it.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weaning if eating in MOTN?

• Options
    I am scared to try offering other methods at this point because I think nursing helps with her teething pain but these are great plans that I am going to try once we get through molar hell.  Thanks guys! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"