February 2014 Moms
Options

:::::::Saturday Ticker Change:::::::

This is an open checkin for anyone whose ticker changes on a Saturday. 1- Week/Fruit? 2-How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally? 3-Appointments or updates? 4-QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO? (STMs, think back to your first LO)

imageimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
                                                                               Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: :::::::Saturday Ticker Change:::::::

• Options
    Thanks @Madisonpenny!

1. Week/Fruit? Week 26, head of lettuce.

2. How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally? I feel good, but tired. Is it time for maternity leave to start yet!?

3. Appointments or updates? My next appointment is next Saturday.

4. QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO? (STMs, think back to your first LO). Hmm I guess as a FTM everything kind of scares me lol. Just the general feeling that DH and I will not now what the hell we are doing. Thank goodness for grandparents!
  • Options

kella0708 said:

Thanks @Madisonpenny!

1. Week/Fruit? Week 26, head of lettuce.

2. How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally? I feel good, but tired. Is it time for maternity leave to start yet!?

3. Appointments or updates? My next appointment is next Saturday.

4. QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO? (STMs, think back to your first LO). Hmm I guess as a FTM everything kind of scares me lol. Just the general feeling that DH and I will not now what the hell we are doing. Thank goodness for grandparents!

Yes I agree, if you have a good relationship with the grandparents, I think they will be a huge help (as long as they dont overstep).
    Agreed! FIL and my mom are most likely to overstep (and thankfully they are both totally aware of this!). So they are used to being reigned in when needed lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Week 26 Head of lettuce
    I feel ok just tired.
    My next appt is on tues with mfm then Friday with Ob.
    What scared me when I had my DD was just about everything.
  • Options

1- Week/Fruit?  28/Eggplant

2-How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally?  Feeling pretty good other than this cold I cannot seem to kick.

3-Appointments or updates? Failed my 1 hour Glucose Test on Tuesday. Going for the 3 hour on Monday and 28 week visit on Friday.

4-QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO? (STMs, think back to your first LO) When I was a FTM I was not that scared about labor and delivery but I had a lot of anxiety about taking care of the baby when we first got home.

• Options
    1. 28 weeks, eggplant

2. I'm feeling ok, but have been pretty emotional this week. 

3. I had a growth u/s on Monday and LO already weighs 3lbs! I passed the 1 hour GTT so I know it isn't due to GD. Both DH and I are tall so I guess baby girl will be too! We will have another growth u/s to monitor her size.

4. I'm scared of making sure I do everything right with the baby. I'm sure I will make mistakes but I hope a lot of this comes naturally. 
    Baby Girl! photo photo-3.jpgphoto 03_Portraits_0537.jpg
    BabyFetus Ticker 

• Options
    @madisonpenny Good choice on your sig pic! I've never seen that picture before. Very nice!
    Baby Girl! photo photo-3.jpgphoto 03_Portraits_0537.jpg
    BabyFetus Ticker 

• Options
    1- Week/Fruit? 25 and cauliflower

2-How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally? Fighting a cold this week. Sore back. Some days my belly feels small, other days huge! Lots of water weight affecting it?

3-Appointments or updates? None for 2 more wks

4-QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO? (STMs, think back to your first LO) FTM... Everything scares me!
  • Options
    1- Week/Fruit? 27 weeks, rutabagas
    3rd tri, what?

2-How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally? Physically, lots of pain in my groin and upper thighs that just keeps getting worse with the weight of the babies.

3-Appointments or updates? Had a growth scan. Baby's are 1lb 13oz and 1lb 8oz! Cervix is staying tightly closed with the cerclage, thankfully passed the 1hr, and shower is tomorrow! Excited to see everyone.

4-QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO? (STMs, think back to your first LO)

Everything. Like, really, I feel like I have no idea what I'm going to be doing, that I'll get breastfeeding wrong, that I'll screw them up somehow, etc. But I'm sure most moms feel this way...? Hopefully. :-\
    **Blog**
    *TTC #1* since Sept '11.
    BFP #1 2/26/12. C/P 3/1/12 
    Dx Oct '12: Hypothyroid, PCOS and blocked left tube.
    1500mg Metformin, 75mcg Synthroid
    Feb: 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI= BFN
    March: 150mg Clomid + Trigger + TI= 4 mature follies- BFN 
    April: Unmedicated cycle due to vacation timing= BFN
    May: *IUI #1* Letrozole + Trigger + IUI=BFP!
    1st Beta (17dpo): 455  Progesterone: 40
    2nd Beta: (19dpo):  810  Progesterone: 37
    1st ultrasound 6 weeks 5 days: Twins!

• Options

1- Week/Fruit? 25 and cauliflower

2-How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally? Fighting a cold this week. Sore back. Some days my belly feels small, other days huge! Lots of water weight affecting it?

3-Appointments or updates? None for 2 more wks

4-QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO? (STMs, think back to your first LO) FTM... Everything scares me!

There's no one thing in particular that sticks out more than everything else?

Honestly, not really. Scared is probably a strong word, but the thought of labor and bringing home baby and breast feeding, etc is all very overwhelming! Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited too!
  • Options
    1- Week/Fruit? 28 weeks, eggplant
    2-How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally? Good mostly, just tired of trying to stay on my side when sleeping and if I'm sitting too long, I'm really stiff when I get up.
    3-Appointments or updates? I had my 28 week checkup yesterday and am now on to every other week appointments!  This week will just be another shot.  Also, passed my glucose tolerance test!
    4-QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO? (STMs, think back to your first LO) My biggest worry is that even though I'm having the progesterone shots, this one will come early, too.  We got very, very lucky DS was okay at 34w5d, but who knows if we'd have the same luck another time.  Also, since 34w5d falls on Dec.26, I'm nervous about going a few hours away for the holidays.

• Options
    1. 26 weeks/ head of lettuce
    2. Feeling very tired. And I seen to be having a lot of BH... I know it's normal and they don't hurt but I guess I forgot how uncomfortable they can be.
    3. No appointment this week.
    4. I'm a TTM but its been 12 years since I had a LO :) Right now I'm a little freaked about labor. But what bothers me the most is not being able to BF.... I have thyroid issues and I've been reading where it can make you have a low supply. So of all things, that is my biggest fear these days :(
    I am very determined to BF exclusively.
  • Options
    1- Week/Fruit? 26 - Lettuce

2-How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally? I feel 1000% better now than I did earlier this week both physically and mentally.  I was quite a wreck earlier this week with the PTL and cervix thinning.  OB got everything under control.  I am good to resume daily activities as normal but with instructions to rest when I need it and quit stressing so much. 

3-Appointments or updates?  I had the impromptu appointment Monday that caused the above mentioned madness.  With a couple of injections and loads of support from a very awesome OB, I am appointment free until next week (unless the cramping/pain starts again of course).  I'll have the glucose test along with my every other week cervix check. 

4-QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO? (STMs, think back to your first LO) - Well, I was only 21 when I had my first.  I was too young and stupid to be afraid of anything.  My mom offered to stay with us for the first week, which I declined.  However, on the first night home, I called her at 1am and asked her to come stay the week.  She was fantastic help without being in the way or overbearing. 
  • Options
    1- Week/Fruit? 27 weeks and a rutabaga.

2-How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally? Generally good but get tired a lot and some breathlessness.

3-Appointments or updates? Failed my one hour but passed my 3 hour so am relieved. Baby is measuring ahead per dr so he may order a U/s just to check on him if I continue to measure big on the next check.

4-QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO? I know I shouldn't but I'm really freaking out about not recognizing contractions and going into pre term labor. I'm trying to keep calm by breathing and yoga.
  • Options
    Thanks Madison! Glad to hear all is going well with your LO.

1- Week/Fruit?
    28 weeks, eggplant

2-How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally? Emotionally, keeping it together most of the time until stress kicks in; physically, pretty decent considering... DH was sick last week and despite valiant efforts to keep me healthy, I've picked up a bit of a sore throat and extra exhaustion, which really does not help right now. Mentally, I'm drained - less than 2 weeks until I file my dissertation and I've been up working since 3am. Ugh... But on a happy note, baby girl has been super active and I love feeling boogie her in there regardless of the hour :)

3-Appointments or updates? Nothing until end of next week

4-QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO?
    Not sure if its because I am so preoccupied with school right now that everything else is just falling by the wayside or if its that I'm genuinely at ease with everything baby-related. I used to be terrified of L&D but as it approaches, I'm actually super chill about it. I guess if anything, I'm a bit worried about how our rhythms will change and how that will affect everything from career to social life.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. 26 weeks/lettuce
    2. To be perfectly honest, I feel like crap! My stupid allergies turned in to impacted sinuses/infection. So now I'm on antibiotics which thankfully cleared up my congestion but now I have a terrible cough and wheezing and I'm afraid I may have to go to the ER b/c it's feeling like pneumonia. I'm so sore from coughing, it feels like my c/s scar is going to rip open :-(. This just sucks!
    3. No appt this week but I bet I will have to go in if this infection doesn't clear.
    4. I am scared of having 3 kids and only 2 hands!

• Options
    1- Week/Fruit? 27 weeks / Rutabaga 

2-How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally? I am feeling okay. Just slightly stressed out about moving next weekend. Not that I'll be doing much of the actual moving! I am relieved to be in a bigger and nicer place though. My belly has been slightly sore this week, hoping it starts to feel better, but I'm thinking no. Ha!

3-Appointments or updates? Nothing until the 18th. 

4-QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO? (STMs, think back to your first LO) Labor, the first few months of LO's life!
    September 2014 Siggy Challenge: Goats

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1- Week/Fruit? 28. Eggplant

2-How are you feeling emotionally, physically and/or mentally? Stressed out because if work. Otherwise I'm feeling fine

3-Appointments or updates? I haenine in two weeks. passed my 1hr GTT. everythig measuring perfectly. weight gain is great says midwife

4-QOTW: If your a FTM, is there anything that scares you about having LO? Everything !!! DH and I don't really have family so it's just gonna be the three of us. Hoping that labor and delivery go well and he's a healthy happy baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"