Washington Babies
Options

admitted to hospital... preterm labor

This morning we had a repeat cervical length check because I was 'short' on tuesday - today it was worse 1.5 cm max without pressure. So they wouldn't let me go home. I was afraid of this... but it is the best place for the babies.

Looks like Evergreen will be my home until these boys arrive.

Anyone have any bedrest advice? I'll probably be on here ALL the time now. Any great websites to check out?

Re: admitted to hospital... preterm labor

• Options

Oh shoot -- I'm so sorry Heather!

Just a few random tips to help your stay:
    - Ask for the grill menu if you haven't gotten it already. 
    - Ask for the list of movies they have....they can bring them up to your room to watch.
    - Ask your OB if they can order you a tour of the NICU (just in case and I hope you don't need it but it's better to be prepared!)
    - When you can order extra food so DH can eat it too.
    - Ask to see a nutritionist right away.  They will add protein to you food (by giving you a few snacks if you want).  She added an omlet to my breakfast that otherwise had nearly no protein.  She also added 2 snacks and one was a pretty darn good protein shake.
    - Take advantage of the little kitchen with the crackers, juice, soda, and sandwiches.  It comes in handy if you are hungry at night!

Are you on any meds right now?  Do they have you on an IV or anything?

Hmmm -- if you weren't fitted for a nursing bra/tank yet you can do that before you checkout at the same place you can rent your pump.  The prices are comparable to others I've seen on both tanks and bras and they have a room for you to try them on.

Otherwise maybe DH can bring you some books?  Maybe you could join Netflix?  Do you have a Gameboy?  I was so thankful for my laptop - I was on the Nest, Facebook and email a lot.

Keep us updated Heather and hang in there.  You are in the right place to keep those boys nice and safe!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Aww that stinks!  But I'm glad that everything is ok with you and the little guys!   I dont have any advice for you but I will be sending all my "no labor" dust your way!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh no!  Hang in there!

I have no words of wisdom for you, but I know JodyandJames2005 spent quite a bit of time there on bedrest with her twins, so hopefully she'll chime in with some advice. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh my!  I hope those little boys stay in just a little while longer.  Hang in there Mama! 
  • Options

Sending non-labor dust your way.  My favorite websites (besides The Nest):

Apartment Therapy

Flickr (I like to hit the Explore button)

Domino

Rate My Space

Perez Hilton is my guilty pleasure!

Television Without Pity

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"