Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Growth U/S Scheduled for next week

I had my 37 week appt today (yay!  full term!) and I was measuring ahead again - 39-40cm.  Last week I was 38.   So they're scheduling a growth ultrasound for next week to coincide with my 38 week appt. 

The PA said it can either be big baby or extra fluid - I'm hoping for big baby because extra fluid sounds scary.  Anyone have experience with extra fluid at this stage?

Re: Growth U/S Scheduled for next week

• Options
    I don't have experience with the extra fluid, but I have experience with the big baby! Andrew was 9 lb. 8 oz. when he was born! I'm sure if it was anything to be alarmed about, they would've scheduled something right away and informed you of it. You're almost at the end of the pregnancy road and soon you'll be holding your little one! Enjoy these last few weeks!
  • Options
    Wanted to wish you the best and keep us updated...
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I'd be hoping for the extra fluid as I wouldn't have wanted to birth a big baby.  But either way, I'm sure it's fine.  I really know nothing about this/have no experience with it, but is there any way that your due date could be off by a week?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagePAAZwife:
    I think I'd be hoping for the extra fluid as I wouldn't have wanted to birth a big baby.  But either way, I'm sure it's fine.  I really know nothing about this/have no experience with it, but is there any way that your due date could be off by a week?

Highly unlikely, 3 days at most.  I was using OPKs.

From what I've Googled (never a good thing when you're pregnant), the extra fluid can cause more issues with delivery than a big baby. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"