Breastfeeding

Cluster feeding help

My DD has been wanting to nurse all evening long. Is it possible to run out of milk? She gets upset after awhile and when I squeeze them I can't get a drop out. If so, how do I increase my supply?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Cluster feeding help

• This is normal and you need to let her nurse on demand.  There's nothing better than letting her nurse and empty your breast to increase your supply (not even the pump).  Just keep it up, your doing the right thing.
  • The more she nurses, the more you produce. My DD used to do the same thing in the evening. Find some good TV/movies, have a snack and some water nearby, relax and enjoy the time. They grow up too quick!

• Loading the player...
  • My DD cluster fed for two weeks when she was about two months old. I was (almost literally) tied to the couch with a baby attached to my boob for 6 hours straight, 14 nights in a row.

Nursing on demand will increase your supply. And don't worry if you think that she's not getting anything. Your DD is most effective at getting the milk out of your breasts, so even if you're not getting anything when you're trying to manually express doesn't mean that she's necessarily not getting anything when she's latched on. She may also be comfort sucking, which you should still let her do, because the stimulation will help to increase your milk production.

HTH

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"