Stay at Home Moms

pic of ds all gone

Yesterday my 6 month old lap top decided to die, all of the pic we had of ds are on it and it looks like no way to retrive them. I have a few on my shutterfly acount but noweher near all of them but i know for sure that i dont have any of when he was born or the first month. I am so mad at myself for not backing them up but who would have thought a new laptop would die, My old one has lasted 5 years with no problems at all.

Re: pic of ds all gone

• I totally feel your pain. Right before the baby was born my laptop of 6 years crashed and I lost all pics for 6 years! I cried so bad. When we bought this new laptop I vowed to back up and print all pics as they come in. I would be so depressed if we lost pics of Ava when she was born and the past few months. I am so sorry :(
  • If you bring it to a computer repair shop they might be able to get your pics off, even if your laptop is dead. :( Sorry - I can't imagine losing those pics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebrightning:
    If you bring it to a computer repair shop they might be able to get your pics off, even if your laptop is dead. :( Sorry - I can't imagine losing those pics.

I'd definitely try that option.  Unless the hard drive itself is dead, they can probably retrieve the data.

• If you have an Office Depot nearby, you can take it there and they will look at it for free and tell you whether or not they can fix it.  If they can, they will tell you how much it will cost, but if they can't, at least you aren't out any money.  In case you couldn't guess, I JUST went through this a few weeks ago.  Thankfully I did have my pictures backed up, but nothing else.  Oh well, at least the important things were backed up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My HP laptop is just over a year old and has been rebuilt twice because, well, HP simply sucks. 

I got an external drive and that was pointless because it crapped out on me during an update. 

So, I got an online back-up system (carbonite).

It's busted about 4 times - rebuilt twice and twice just had to be wiped clean.  The tech people were always able to retrieve my information (cost me anywhere from $90.-$160. depending on how much had to be retrieved). 

I hope you don't have an HP because they suck and they suck to deal with when something goes wrong.  Worst purchase I ever made.

I'm happy I got the Carbonite though....at least it backs up all the time now and I don't have to worry about it crashing during a back-up.

• my computer died right before my senior b.f.a. exit show- i had all my design projects for the show on it. i was devastated, but took it to a dell repair tech, and he was able to pull my stuff off of it, and put it on a new hard drive for me. i would definitely try to get someone to get your pics off for you. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"