South Florida Babies
Options

Florida Prepaid Questions -- Thx for the reminder Rach312

DH & I want to sign up Sophia this year.  I would love to hear pro's and con's from those who have signed up.  Thanks.

Re: Florida Prepaid Questions -- Thx for the reminder Rach312

• Options
    DH and I looked through the information in great detail.  We wound up having a few personal questions and I called the 800 number for help.  The customer service rep I got was awesome.  If you come up with ?s, just call and ask them.  I felt so much better after getting them answered.  The best part about the whole plan is you can always get your money back for any reason - I just believe there is a cancellation fee if you do it within the first two years. 
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i think the pro is that you lock into a rate now. and you can get your money back for any reason. the con is that you do not earn interest on your money so if you do cancel you just get the amoutn you paid back.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We signed up our kids as well TODAY!  I asked a lot of my friends and colleagues before doing so and they all had nothing but great things to say  The pros - you lock in today's tuition rates, your kids do not HAVE to go to a Florida Public University - they can use those monies elsewhere, of course there is a list of approved schools and you can get your money back at any time for any reason. The con - I wish my parents had done this for me!  Just kidding - it doesn't cover all the fees - we may wind up adding to it in the future - like dorm fees, local fees, etc.
  • Options
    My parents did prepaid for me and we will probably sign up too, soon! It was great. Because the rates were so low back then and I had gotten the Florida Bright Futures scholarship, I actually ended up getting money paid back to me by the school/state!!! It was awesome!! I don't think there are really any cons.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Options

for us it was just automatic that we would get it because I had it. My parents didn't start mine til I was like 10 so they paid way more per month so we wanted to start right way, which we did. anyway I ended up at a private school and it helped with that bill and I was responsible for the difference with loans and scholarships which is basically what we will be doing for our children (hopefully we can do more but at the very least we would love to be able to pay in full a state school)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"