Baby Showers
Options

so ...heres the Dilemma ..

My BFF told me that she is planning our shower ... (sweet BFF)

she said how about such date and the time of 2pm to 5pm (on a Saturday)

I told DH and he looked like this Hmm ...... and said, "that seems like to little of time and like we just want o rush them in and get gifts and ship them out"

hmmm I didn't think of it that way ..... WHAT DO YOU THINK? should I have her expand the time? 

And he also made a comment that she will be serving finger foods .... I DONT SEE A PROB WITH THAT! 

any advice? 

I know I shouldnt have a hand in this nor do I want to and I AM GRATEFUL for anything .... I just dont want to insult fam and friends

Re: so ...heres the Dilemma ..

• Options

Seriously? 3 hours is PLENTY of time. Probably even more than you'll want/need.

I would just put a starting time on the invites. If people are really chatting it up and you don't feel like the party is over just keep it going. There is no need to set a specified ending time.

But most people will probably start filtering out after the cake is cut.

• Options

That is plenty of time.  My shower was from 2-4...we played a few games, had some snacks/cake, and I opened my gifts. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    3 hours is plenty of time for a traditional baby shower. It gets pretty annoying after that, and most people would rather leave than play another version of the guess the poop game.
  • Options
    3 hrs is a normal amount of time for a shower. Finger foods are also normal, of course. Your DH should be a little more thankful that she's offering to throw you two a party. If it's not up to the standards of his family, maybe they can throw their own.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I think 3 hours is plenty of time for a shower; however, I think it's annoying when people put an ending time on the shower invite (unless they are having it somewhere that they've rented a room for a specific amount of time). It always makes me feel like there is going to be this big itinerary of what to do for every second of the shower. I would say remove the ending time, most people will probably be gone by then anyway.

And I think finger foods are perfectly normal for a shower (and are my favorite type of food, so I hope that's what's at mine! LOL).

• Options

Nothing about that strikes me as weird. 2:00 is a good start time, light appetizers/finger foods are normal (it's a shower, not a full-meal deal!) and I think even leaving the end time off as the PP said, things will probably wind down after three hours anyway.

• Options
    As said - totally normal for a shower.  honestly, i don't want to spend more time at a shower!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

Well goodness how long was your Bridal Shower?

Most of these showers are around 2-3 hours in length. Don't listen to your DH. How many of these functions has he attended? Also finger foods are great. Especially at the time she is wanting to do your party. No one will be hungry yet for a meal, but might want to snack.

Just let your friend plan it. If she has thrown one before she knows what she is doing.

• Options

Three hours is plenty of time especially considering a meal will not be served. Not serving a full meal is totally fine. Who doesn't like finger foods???!!!! Make sure there are plenty. The time should be an indicator that a full meal won't be served.

Have fun!!! BFF knows more about showers than DH. 

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Does your DH frequent Baby Showers???????

What a goober....tell him 3 hours is the perfect amount of time.
    Girl....consider the source. Listen to ladies advice on SHOWER stuff!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"