Pregnant after 35
Options

I didn't fall off the planet...lol!

Hi ladies-

I've been reading quickly every day and haven't had time to post until now.. i'm on a business trip for 2 weeks and trying to sing an opera 6 mos pregnant is a RIOT.   I have a costume fitting today.   This ought to be a hoot.   They told me "bring your own undergarments" .. i said "uhm, do you think lycra can hide... THIS!?"   LOL!

I don't know who is about as far along as me.. can't keep track these days, but are any of you around the 6 mo mark and SEEING the baby kicking?!   I'm not joking, this kid has been doing routines from cirque du soleil in there, but the last 3 days- i have visibly seen her kicking me... from outside.   Holy Christmas.   Anyone else??   Seems to me that last time, i don't remember this happening until around 7+ mos..

Really happy to have been reading all the good news from everyone about test results etc :)

Christine

Re: I didn't fall off the planet...lol!

• Options

Wow... singing an opera? 

Glad the baby is doing healthy gymnastics...

• Options
    Glad all is going well!!  It's been quiet here without you!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Will you be home in time for DD's birthday?  Let me look at my calendar... :)

I'm glad to hear you have a healthy little monkey in there! I hope she behaves while you're performing!

(I'd read on a post or in your bio that you were a classical musician. For some reason I thought you were a violinist! At least you'd be able to perform while seated! )

• Options

... yeah seated would be nice.. but alas, no.   In fact, I just found that the set has a TON of steps on it.   yip friggin ee. LOL!

I'm not going to be home in time for DDs birthday ... I'll miss it :(   Mama's gotta pay the mortgage, though .. sad..

We'll have a big party that following weekend.    I feel like a super heel, but thank god she's young enough not to know.. :(

Christine

• Options

Sorry you're missing your DD's birthday, but you're right that she's too young to know. I can't imagine singing opera and being 6 months PG. I can barely breathe sometimes when I get speaking during presentations, let alone if I were singing.

I can't wait to see the baby move! I was trying to remember last night when that happened with DD. I think it was closer to 7 months, but I have no clue. I'm just at 21 weeks so it's a ways off for me.

GL with the performances!

• Options

Yeah- you know, I vaguely remember the movement visual happening after 7 mos last time.

I think I've got a firecracker in there and that DH and i are in TROUBLE!!

Christine

• Options

Good to hear from you, Christine!

Sorry you're missing your daughter's birthday but you're right that she's young enough not to realize.

I'm on a business trip, too. And I'm now staying an extra night to to the predicted snow in NJ tomorrow (was supposed to fly back tomorrow morning). It's my first trip since our wedding and I really miss my husband. *pout*

I'm sure it's doubly hard for you... so hope you get home soon to your family.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"