Pennsylvania Babies

*frecklygrrl*

I just saw your response to a post below and realized that you're almost a week overdue.  Any updates on when that little guy might make his debut?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: *frecklygrrl*

• Thanks for asking. Today I went to the doctors and my cervix is very soft and the baby is very low. I am scheduled to go into the hospital on Friday morning to get the gel prostaglandin and then see what happens over the weekend. If i do not go into labor over the weekend, I will go back for more gel on Monday and they will see what they want to do next. I figure at the latest I should have my baby by mid next week.

I have been very lucky with this pregnancy and have been pretty comfortable. I really did not want to be induced but Im ok with the process we are starting Friday because it is more of a process.

• Well good luck.  I had the gel and it put me into labor.  Here's hoping he decides to arrive without any more help than that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Did the gel work for you the first try or did they have to do it over a series of days? They are starting Friday for me.
  • I actually was given two rounds of the gel back to back on the same day.  The doses were given about 2.5 hours apart.  I started having more regular, but not painful, contractions during the first does.  However, it was during the second dose that I went into active labor and my water broke. 

I was told that they'd do three doses in one day.  They put the dose in, monitor you and baby for 1 hour, you can walk around for 1 hour, then the get started with another dose.  Had I needed three doses I would have been at the hospital all day anyway.  I was surprised when they told me about the process because I'd always heard of people having the suppository type where they go get the dose, and are able to leave the hospital right away.  Do you know how the dose(s) will be administered for you? 

Here's a link to Caleb's birth story if you want to read the whole thing.  And, I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/8545408.aspx

• I am pretty sure they are just giving me one dose on Friday. I think that I am going to be monitored for an hour or so and that I will be able to go home if I dont start having strong contractions. My doctor said I will come back in Monday if I do not go in labor over the weekend. She said shes not having me back in on Saturday because they normally do not induce over the weekend but she wanted to see if the gels on Friday would kick start everything. Who knows-I guess we will see how Friday goes.

I will keep you updated and thanks for the birth story. I would love for my labor to go like yours.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"