Pennsylvania Babies

tips needed!

Hi ladies!  Starting in May, we are sending Natalie to a daycare center.  From what we understand, come nap time, they have the children lay on mats/cots to go to sleep. Natalie is still use to being rocked to asleep, not necessarily with a bottle, they are pretty much gone, but at least being held.  My current babysitter has tried just laying her down, however it does not go well.  Any tips or suggestions on how we can get natalie to start putting herself to sleep either for bed or naps?  Thanks ladies!!!

Re: tips needed!

• Does your crib have wheels? I ask this because we still rock Adam to sleep but for his day care nap, they just put him in his crib and rock it a little bit on its wheels. They say he goes right to sleep! It's amazing how different his sleep patterns are at home vs. daycare (he goes to daycare 3 days). Maybe if she started to get used to being "rocked" in her crib, it might help her get used to laying down awake.
  • Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions, but I just wanted to say good luck with your switch! I know you have been having difficulty with your current provider, so I'm glad you found a place to fit your needs! Hopefully others will give you good suggestions. May is awhile off, so it sounds like you'll have plenty of time to get her used to the new sleep arrangement.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"