Alabama Babies

Mirena IUD

I think that there are a couple of people who have this....

I *thought* that I had pulled a muscle in my back this weekend.  Well today, I woke up, still hurting, and feeling nauseated.  Guess what...my monthly friend is here after being absent for 2 1/2 months.  I started looking up some things and asked some of my nurses and the back pain may be from the IUD!  I have an appt. in Feb. to talk to the doctor and I think I'm getting this stupid thing out.  Not only can it cause severe back pain, but it may also be the reason I seem to have packed on 15 pounds after losing 25 post delivery...plus, I've been having a lot of weird things lately, and I chalked it up to pre-e, but apparently it may all be related to this 'object'

Ugh, women have it rough.  I told my DH last night "that's it, no more hormones for me...I obviously don't do well"

Again, some people do great on it, and others have issues.  PSA Wink

Re: Mirena IUD

• Thanks for the info!

I'm one of those that doesnt do well on hormones either!!

• I have a friend who has one in and LOVES it but said it was AWFUL getting it inserted.  ugh I wouldn't want that after a colpo and leep, I just can't imagine having that (IUD) done.

I'm not good w/hormones or my monthly visitor.  ha. Prob why I've been on BCP since I was 17 and so many different kinds b/c of my migraines.

• Loading the player...
  • you poor thing!

I have to admit...the whole IUD thing sort of freaks me out a bit. 

• imageaubie96:

I have a friend who has one in and LOVES it but said it was AWFUL getting it inserted.  ugh I wouldn't want that after a colpo and leep, I just can't imagine having that (IUD) done.

Um, yeah...the insertion was more painful than my csection. I thought I was going to pass out, and I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.  Then again, usually docs prescribe valium or something beforehand and my doc forgot so I went in there without even taking ibuprofen!  ugh...another reason that I'm switching doctors.

• Ugh sorry that it is giving you so much trouble. 

I don't do well with hormones either...unfortunately when I am not TTC I have to be on BCP to control my endo..it sucks!  This past almost year has been marvolous(sp?) not being on them :)  

• imageMrsJRT:
    imageaubie96:

I have a friend who has one in and LOVES it but said it was AWFUL getting it inserted.  ugh I wouldn't want that after a colpo and leep, I just can't imagine having that (IUD) done.

Um, yeah...the insertion was more painful than my csection. I thought I was going to pass out, and I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.  Then again, usually docs prescribe valium or something beforehand and my doc forgot so I went in there without even taking ibuprofen!  ugh...another reason that I'm switching doctors.

oh girl, she passed out.  I had to take something for my procedures to remove my precancerous cells, I can't imagine not taking something for having the IUD!!!  omg.  yeah, new doc, yes please!!!

• I have heard good and bad about them. Sorry that you are having to go through this!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"