Stay at Home Moms

"i wish I had so much time like you"

WTF! I dont have enough time in the day. My DH cousin was texting me, and she was asking about some online surveys I do, and she was like "I just wish I had so much free time like  you do" so that she can sit down and do these surveys and other stuff. I dont have a lot of time on my hands. I do the surveys when DH is home or DD is taking a nap. I hate when people assume we just sit around at home and do nothing.
Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks

Re: "i wish I had so much time like you"

• The grass is always greener on the other side, huh? People will never understand what being a SAHM is like!!
  • When the boys were infants and I was in survival mode my MIL used to call and ask if I was bored.  I wanted to say "NO, actually I am on the verge of a nervous break down!"  Instead, I kindly told her No and said I was actually quite busy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBliss3/21/03:
    When the boys were infants and I was in survival mode my MIL used to call and ask if I was bored.  I wanted to say "NO, actually I am on the verge of a nervous break down!"  Instead, I kindly told her No and said I was actually quite busy. 

Oh my gosh, EXACTLY!!!  

I think no matter what your situation people, in general, need to have a bit more tact and reserve when making comments because it's true: you have no idea what it's like to be in their shoes!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• I don't know where my free time is. I am lucky to keep up with laundry and get a shower daily some days with a 3 1/2 year old and month old. Rocking baby as I type this one handed.
  • imagemrsnemitz:
    The grass is always greener on the other side, huh? People will never understand what being a SAHM is like!!

ditto.

• I am a SAHM now, but when I was on maternity leave before I had made the decision to stay home DH's friend asked if I was back to work. When I said no and told him when I was due to return he said "wow, thats a nice vacation." I wanted to facepush him so badly!

• Ugh, I just had this discussion/argument with DH last night.  He told me "I'm gone 50 hours a week and I don't know what you do all day, but it can't be that much."  After I retracted my claws and counted to about 150, I told him that I take care of all the housework, cooking, holiday-planning, social-event planning, decorating of the house, and teaching of morals, behavior codes, and plain old everyday knowledge (letters, numbers, colors, etc.) to our daughter.  Oh, and I shovel the driveway  when it snows, mow the lawn in summer, and work 15 hours per week getting my business up and running.  So really, it's not much more than your average-everyday-superwoman fete.

He just kind of rolled his eyes and said "I still don't see where all your time goes."   

• My husband used to say every once in a while that we should switch roles, he'd stay home with the kids and I could go back to work. I think he thought that I had a pretty easy thing going on by staying at home. But....when he actually had to have them home by himself he sure changed his tune! ha! Now I think he's glad to go to work! He tells me all the time how hard it was and he doesn't know how I do it every day.

• i am busy but i keep myself busy ... and i do have more time now than i did when i was working outside my home.  i think it is rude for people to assume w/out knowing for sure, though.
  • d.fd.f member
    Hahahaha....I'm greatful my DH works from home a few days a week otherwise I'd probably hear those comments.?

DS 09/2008

• Oh that is such a sore subject for me lately!  Back in December we wound up taking over a remodel project for IL's that my SIL started.  When she bailed I let her have it.  She told me that I don't do anything anyway, why would I have plans (which I DID).  Yeah, she paid for that.  You can actually *see* her think before she speaks to me now!
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't understand how people can say something like that. Really, do people think we SAHM's sit on our butts all day long and twiddle our thumbs? Who is it that they assume does the laundry, and the grocery shopping, the cleaning, the cooking? I think people need to think before they start spewing rude comments like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"