South Florida Babies

I cheated - I started milk yesterday

Ok, I'm tired of buying formula.  My pedi said to start switching at 11.5 months but I started yesterday.  I'm giving her Soy milk since I was giving her soy formula.  I've been giving her cheese and yogurt for 2 months now and she did fine so I figured it would be ok.  I started with 2 ounces of milk and 5 of formula to start and so far so good!!!
image image

Re: I cheated - I started milk yesterday

• good luck to you!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Welcome to the club :p

<>Ramsey is been on whole milk since his 9 months appointment.
    His pedi's gave me the go ahead for milk and table foods :0I know a lot of people don't agree but I trust my pedi's advice ,  and let me tell you so far so good;  he is been doing great :0 

Big Smile 

• Loading the player...
  • Fabulous! I hope she takes it good! I'm sure a couple of weeks won't harm her.
  • GOOD! I remember feeling such a releif to be done with formula! lol  BTW Charlotte was on simlac soy based formula and now drinks regular milk.  By one year they may have developed out of that, so check with the pedi at the next apt and see if you can do that.  I think its cheaper, as well as one less type of milk you have to buy for the house, unless you and DH drink soy then I would say stick with that. GL to you and Miss Lexi =]
  • Good for Alexis! (And YOU!!!) I can't wait until the day I can stop buying formula. Hopefully she continues to adjust to it easily. GL and congrats =)
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • To know you are on that last can of formula is the BEST THING EVER! Hope she does well on the soy milk, and hopefully she'll end up taking regular whole milk with absolutely no problems too.
  • lol we did the same, although we did do next step til 18 months once a day and now she takes pediasure only cuz she's not a great eater. hey if we lived in cuba they would have started a long time ago lol
  • I cheated earlier than you! LOL

I remember telling you at the zoo I was just ready to start weening.

We can be cheaters together :)?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I started whole milk at 11 months per my pedi.  He did the transition  that way in case the child didn't take to regular milk right away, but Nicholas did, so as soon as that last can of formula ran out, he was 100% on milk.  That was around 11.5 months.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"