Houston Babies
Options

Poll #2

...[Poll]
Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
So Tasty, So Yummy

Re: Poll #2

• Options

I wouldn't want to stay home full time.  But I would love to have just a part time position (like 20 hours). 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options

Ditto. I tried parttime though and it wasn't fullfilling enough for me. I felt like I was not a 100% parent or 100% employee. Seemed like I was shortsiding everyone. Now, I am a fulltime employee while at work and come home and turn my lawyer switch off and become a fulltime mom. It works very well for me.

I could never stay home fulltime. I love Joe to death, I am just not cut out for being around a baby/child all day everyday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLisaK2b:

I wouldn't want to stay home full time.  But I would love to have just a part time position (like 20 hours). 

ditto. i'm bored to tears within two weeks of summer break, so i'd need something to keep me occupied and allow for some adult conversation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLisaK2b:

Ditto this, although I've stayed at home since Sarah was born.  My husband has this huge job that's super demanding, so me being at home is the compromise we made to make our marriage/family/household work and run smoothly.

I worked until I was 38, then became this SAHM/housewife person.  What a shock!  I truly miss working and will definitely go back to work in some form once the girls are a little older.  I do feel lucky to have this special time with them and don't believe I'll have regrets about it when I'm older, but holy smokes!  Some days I don't like staying at home one bit.  Having close friends in the same boat is what keeps me going, because we share the misery of our boredom.  :)

• Options

The poll results here really surprise me.  I would have thought it would have been more close thani t is, the SAHM roll is leading by far.

I guess, ideally, most of us would want to work part time at something we enjoy while our kids are at MDO or something like that.

Thanks for participating in these polls, it has been really interesting reading the responses.  I am so torn on this subject at the moment...

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Options
    I have thoroughly enjoyed being a stay-at-home mom this last year and would love to be able to continue to do it.  Although there are times that I miss work and the friendships I made there, the positives that come from being with DD overshadow all of that.
  • Options
    I answered SAHM, but the caveat is that I would still probably want to do my organizing business, just maybe not as much as I'm going to be doing it, if that makes sense.  I have loved being a SAHM for the past almost year, but it has been damn tough (more so when she was really little).  It's the best job in the world, but I would still put her in MDO even if I was a full time SAHM.  Mommas need their sanity!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I chose to work.  Then again, I LOVE my job.  I too could not be a true SAHM.  As much as I love my two children, I don't think it would be fulfilling enough for me.  I want a career, adult co-workers and feel as if I am contributing as well.
  • Options
    I would love to SAH - but I think I would also need something on the side. Either something P/T or some sort of volunteer work to help me get out of the house sometimes.  But I would love to not have the stresses of a career - even though I like what I do, it's still stressful at times (not to say that SAH would be better or worse, I guess - that's why I think I would still need something on the side.)
  • Options

I reworked our finances so I could stay home and I don't miss work. I think the difference is I never had a job/career I really loved, so there's not much to miss.

I also always make sure I leave the house daily and find adult interaction. That was hard without DH home, but joining mom's groups was a lifesaver. I think it's a difficult choice either way, but different people were meant for different jobs. In all honesty, this is the one I always wanted, even in high school. Although, if you admitted you wanted to be a stay at home mom before you even went to college it was frowned upon. I didn't go to college for an MRS degree or anything, but I thought this is what I wanted to do.

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"