South Florida Babies
Options

Recommendations on a double stroller??

I have a very active little boy that will be approaching his 3rd birthday by the time his little brother or sister arrives and I'm not sure what kind of stroller would be best!  Do I go side by side, one behind the other, or do I try the stroller with the toddler stand?  He's pretty good at staying in the stroller when we are out and I would hate to change that, since we tend to go out a lot usually. Anyone have a good double stroller they would recommend?  Thanks a bunch!!!

Re: Recommendations on a double stroller??

• Options
    Although I don't have one, but my friend truly loves her new side-by-side double Bob stroller.  I'm actually planning on getting a single Bob shortly. 

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Options
    I hear a lot of moms tell me that side by side double strollers are the way to go.  I wasn't going to get a double stroller because my toddler never had any interest in sitting in one.  We test drove all types for the heck of it at Baby Love and decided that a sit 'n stand was definitely a waste of money for us.  It was just very impractical.  A friend bought us a Graco DuoGlider that is front and back.  My toddler now loves riding in the stroller and it has been a great thing for us.  I've had trouble getting through some places so I can't imagine having a side by side but that's just me.  I highly recommend test driving them and seeing what you like.  Use the stores floor model car seat to simulate baby and see how far seats recline, if there are snack trays, if the sun shields are practical... these were all things that surprised us.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A few of my friends with 2 kids have a Sit n Stand, but say that the seat for the older kid is not very comfortable, so they wish they had a front back one like the Duo Glider.
  • Options
    for us we THOUGHT that the sit and stand would be perfect BUT after my aunt got it for us I started thinking and when do I use my stroller....only when DD is totally tired and needs to sleep, other than that she is a total walker and there is no way she can sleep in the sit and stand so this weekend we exchanged it with the Graco Quattro Tour Duo. Side by side is just too too too wide, the one we picked folds very small and fits perfectly in my trunk....well I have a santa fe, and it's easy to fold, one handed. she loved it and my travel system car seat from angelina snaps in perfectly and securely into this one which it didn't into the sit and stand. Go to baby love and test drive them all. the only issue I've heard of is the pulling hair thing so angelina will eventually go to the back if that happens lol but side by side I can see way more fighting for food or cups where the other way they can't really STEAL eachothers things. have fun shopping :)
  • Options
    We got the sit and stand. Our daughter is 4 and barley takes naps anymore. We tested all the other strollers at BRU and the Sit and Stand was the one who fit our needs better. Of course I have to wait until the baby arrives to see how it work with him in the mix- but for now we think it's going to work just fine. Good luck finding the perfect stroller! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"