Houston Babies

Almost had a meltdown at Home Depot today...nice...

We had spent a couple of hours picking out a paint color for the baby's room. Then we went to HD to pick up the can, and DH suddenly started asking about VOCs, and of course the paint we picked out wasn't low or no VOC - and the no VOC line they had didn't have anything near the color we picked.

I said it doesn't really matter - but DH started demanding that we needed a VOC free paint.  I was asking him where he heard about this...b/c this was the first I had heard it from him!!!  I asked him why didn't we pick a VOC free paint from the beginning and not waste our time on the others if it was so important to him?

I got out of him that he had talked to a friend of his that day (also having a baby soon), and this guy told him he needed VOC free.  I had to walk back to the car b/c I was getting upset.  I understood why he wanted it - but I felt like we had wasted all that time in the beginning just b/c he had talked to his friend and if that didn't happen, he would have never even questioned it.

Anyway - we finally found a low VOC paint (Benjamin Moore Aura - at Ace Hardware) that would paint match our color - so we got the best of both worlds.  I was just afraid that we were going to have to sacrifice our color that we had spent so long picking out.

So, now all is good.  It seems so petty now that I am typing it out, but - yeah,  I was almost at PG meltdown at HD!  lol.  DH actually did a pretty good job of a combo of leaving me alone, calming me down, and explaining his side while we were on the quest to find more colors!  lol

Re: Almost had a meltdown at Home Depot today...nice...

• Awww...I completely understand.  Nurseries are more for the parents (the moms usually) than the kiddo so it's important to have exactly what you want.  I'm glad to hear that you found it!
  • I feel your pain.  On the other hand...good for your DH for hearing something that could be harmful (I have never heard of VOC free paint either), but at least he's being proactive and protective.  Sign of a good dad...
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLisaK2b:
    I feel your pain.  On the other hand...good for your DH for hearing something that could be harmful (I have never heard of VOC free paint either), but at least he's being proactive and protective.  Sign of a good dad...

I told him that if now that he is worried about all of these "harmful" things, we should cancel our whole registry, then and register for toys that aren't made in China and only organic things!!  lol.  Somehow, he wasn't too worried about those "dangers." 

• Men!!!  I cried over a sandwich when I was pg with Luca.. DH made me make a decision to order too fast and I ordered the wrong thing..  I was hysterial...  Got to love hormones.. 
  • imageCareBear01:

imageLisaK2b:
    I feel your pain.  On the other hand...good for your DH for hearing something that could be harmful (I have never heard of VOC free paint either), but at least he's being proactive and protective.  Sign of a good dad...

I told him that if now that he is worried about all of these "harmful" things, we should cancel our whole registry, then and register for toys that aren't made in China and only organic things!!  lol.  Somehow, he wasn't too worried about those "dangers." 

OHHH...he will be if SOMEONE ELSE (other than you) tells him about it.  hahaha

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"