D.C. Area Babies

I have fallen in love...

...with my OB office. Today I went in for my monthly exam during which time they told me that in 3 weeks I need to have my 1hr glucose test. I expect to be told that I will need to block off an hour, drink the yucky sugar drink, etc. Instead, the nurse hands me a piece of paper and tells me to eat 1.5 Milky Way Bars an hour before coming in to get my blood drawn.

Excuse me? I double checked to make sure I had heard correctly.  Awesome. This is officially the first time a doctor has ever told me to eat 1.5 candy bars before coming in. I was oh so dreading downing the nasty drink (in my head it was nasty).

If I have significant weight gain next month, I'm blaming it on the Milky Way. ;-)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: I have fallen in love...

• That's awesome!  I'm doing my 1 hour test in a week, and no Milky Ways for me Sad  I have an odd affection for sweet drinks, though, so I'm thinking it won't be too bad. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am so jealous. ?If I hadn't already crossed that hurdle, I would consider switching OB's! ?That is so much more civilized...

Have fun!?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow!  That would have been awesome, although I didn't find the orange drink that bad.

Now the question is what do they do for people who need to do the 3 hour test?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • NowDNA, maybe they'll make me eat 3-4 candy bars? ;-)

I'm sure the drink isn't nearly as bad as what I have imagined in my mind. 

• Do you go see the practice with Dr. Bissell, Tactill, etc? I was with them before I switched, but remember Tactill saying the glucose test was a Milky Way bar.
  • I am sooo jealous!  I have to do mine in 2 weeks and could handle the Milky Ways any day of the week!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I see Dr. Tacktill (et al) and yep, the glucose test is Milky Ways.  Unfortunately I don't really like Milky Ways... but it is better than the orange drink!  (I had to do the three hour with both pregnancies - that orange stuff is hard to choke down).
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • I do go to the Tacktill, Bissel, Santiago, & Pham practice. Yay, Milky Ways! Boo Orange drink! Watch me have to do the 3hr test after all of this celebrating. ;-)

• I actually liked the orange drink - it's a sweeter version of the kid's orange McDonald's drink, of which I'm a huge fan.  Wink

And I'm ALL for blaming weight  gain on Dr's instructions!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"