Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Teachers-Maternity Leave Request Letter?

Does anyone have a sample of the letter they used?  I wrote one with DD#1, but I can't find it anywhere.  If I could see a sample, that would be great!  Thanks!

Re: Teachers-Maternity Leave Request Letter?

• Sure:

My name
    My Address
    My Address continued

Asst. Superintendent
    District Address
    District Address Continued

Dear Asst. Super,

This letter is to notify you that I am pregnant and wish to take maternity leave during the 2008-2009 school year.  I anticipate beginning maternity leave on November 18, 2008, but this is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. I plan to take twelve weeks leave per FMLA after the birth of the baby, and my anticipated return date is February 10, 2009.

Sincerely,

My Name
    My School
    General Music

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Oh, thanks so much!!  That is perfect!!  Straight to the point!  I really didn't feel like thinking this morning, and I need to get my letter in.  Thank you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • No problem!  Glad I could help!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • your address

Superintendent

school address

date

Dear superintendent,

This letter is to notify you that I am pregnant and wish to take maternity leave. I will be starting the school year in my current position (list position) and I plan on working until the birth of my child. My due date is currently _______list due date_____. I also plan on returning to work approximately 8 weeks after her birth. I anticipate returning to my position sometime around _____anticipated return date_____. I will notify you later of exact dates.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

name

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"