Pregnant after 35

ok, am I the only insomniac here ?

Hi ladies,

Well, i've always been a pretty good sleeper and of course always a stomach sleeper, so now I find myself having to sleep on my side (painful) or on my back (husband says I snore~LOL)....

I called up my doc, she said that I could take 50mg of Unisom only 2x a week...I found something lighter (Wal-Mart brand) that was only 25mg...so I take this about 2x a week and sleep like a baby, on my side and everything!...and yes, I feel kinda weird having to take this but I really do need to sleep.  Then there are the days I don't take anything and yep, it's back up and roaming the house a 3am!  I go to bed early and have tried everything, tea, Melatonin, Homepathic stuff....

Any suggestions?  pleeeeze, I will try anything...... Thanks!  :o)

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ok, am I the only insomniac here ?

• my ob has OK'd tylenol PM if needed- it helps with the hip pain and insomnia for me... i try only to take it if I haven't slept well for a couple days in a row.

ambien is OK'd for pg, too - they gave it to me in the hospital - but i really don't want to get into that habit this early on.... it really knocks me out.

no naps during the day helps.... not always, though.  I find myself waking up at 3am and can't get back to sleep b/c all the stuff going through my head- so i have learned to turn on the TV pretty soon after waking b/c it helps keep my brain clear - and i fall back to sleep easier- esp if i watch the history channel or something else soothing.

• No girl, I am right there with you.  I am getting to where I am lucky if I get 4 hours a night, and I am starting to feel like I can't function.  My perinatologist rx'd ambien 5mg, and it doesn't touch it, so I don't bother with it every night.  I have no problems falling asleep at first, but when I wake at 2 or 3ish, it is over!  If I am lucky, I can read myself to sleep again in a couple of hours for a couple of hours, but not usual.

I quit taking naps during the day, and even on days when I am really active and feel like I could fall asleep standing up, it is a no go.  I average about 1-2 good nights (6-7 hours) a week, and it is wearing on me.  Top that off with migraines a few times a week and it makes for long days.

I have tried soaking in a tub, reading boring books, watching TV til I fall asleep, everything I can think of.  No go.  And I also find that I sleep lighter than I ever used to... tiny little sounds wake me up now and they never did before.  Like I said, usually, once I wake up, it's over.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not becoming an insomniac, but I am waking up to pee or it my dog makes a sound or if my husband snores... I'm no longer sleeping soundly and I feel like I'm wading through the surf during the day.

I wonder if this is my body getting me prepared for sleepless nights once the baby arrives?

Hope you true insomniacs get some sleep!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • SO I too am definitely sleeping less soundly. I fall asleep ok, but when I get up to go to the bathroom, sometimes I have a hard time falling back asleep. My mind is too active & I have a hard time shutting it off.

I have started drinking hot milk & honey before I go to bed. It is working for me. Plus I get a good amount of calcium that way too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"