Virginia Babies
Options

Baby/Toddler friendly parks in Richmond

I live on the East end and we constantly go to Dorey park, but its getting a little old. Can you recommend any good parks in Richmond that have an outdoor play area? Also if you know any indoor play places those are good too. I have been to the one at VCC and that is pretty nice.

Re: Baby/Toddler friendly parks in Richmond

• Options
    Have you been to Maymont?  There isn't a "play area" but there are a lot of animals for the kids to look at and there's a barn where you can feed the animals.  I am looking forward to taking DS when it's warmer out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love Maymont.  I can't wait till it's warmer, too!

Also, there's a zoo out towards Amelia, open year round.  It's not free, but it's well worth the admission price.  There are lots of animals to feed (including the giraffes!!), and I'm always surprised that not more people know about it.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maymont, Deep Run Park in the west end or Echo Lake Park are both really nice.  Deep Run is off of Ridgefield Road.  Matthew loves to feed the geese :)
  • Options
    University of Richmond's campus is stellar too for walking!
  • Options
    #6#6 member
    My sister lives in Church Hill and she took me to a nice park/play ground that is only like 5 mins from her house.  I could ask her the name of it and where it actually is if you want.  It has 2 nice play things that my 3 loved. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"