Detroit Babies
Options

INSURANCE HELP!!!

Does anyone have insurance that covers IUI's or IVF's? I have been searching and i can't find any. If you do, can you please tell me what company you are with and the plan #! I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mich and they don't cover anything!! Not even fertility meds. I am on their matunity plan right now so i would pay 1500 and they pay 100% of everything after that. This would be terrific but who knew i was going to have trouble getting pg. THANKS SO MUCH!!

Re: INSURANCE HELP!!!

• Options

BCBS is funny -- they covered a ton of meds and bloodwork for me (they absolutely won't cover the actual IUI or IVF procedure), but they didn't cover the same for a good friend -- I think part of it depends on who has the fertility issue -- you or your partner.  If it's you, I think they're less likely to cover it than if it's your partner because if it's an issue as a result of your partner, I don't think they put the claim in as being infertility -- they put it in some other way so that insurance covers most of it.

Do you have a good clinic?  RMA of Troy is really good.

• Options
    HAP covers it.  I didn't need it, but it was in my plan, the HMO version.  Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"