Trouble TTC

Isabella Oliver Wrap Dress? / Post Pregnancy Size?

I need to find a dress to wear to my BIL's wedding.  Here's the caveat, he's getting married on June 20.  Baby is due June 11.  I know that if baby isn't born by then, I'll be well on my way to getting induced and won't be able to travel the 3 hours to the wedding.

However, if baby comes on or around his time, my OB says I should be able to attend the wedding.  My question is... I know that I will obviously not be fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes a week or two after delivery, but about how big will I be?  Will I still look 9 mos pregnant?  Will I look more like 20 or 30 weeks by that time?  I know it's hard to predict, but I'm just wondering about everyone else's experiences.

I found a dress that I like and that I think would be appropriate:  https://www.isabellaoliver.com/maternity-clothes/maternity-dresses/Empire-Wrap-Dress/D/30100/P/1:100:1020/I/DR59#

I do already have one Isabella Oliver dress, and I love it, but it is completely a wrap dress.  The dress above is not really a wrap - it's a dress that has long ties so you can adjust the size a bit.

Does anyone have this dress?  I'm hoping it would work alright... and I'm welcome to any other suggestions.  I'm thinking something at least slightly adjustable will be best, because I really have no idea how big or small I will be.

TIA

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Isabella Oliver Wrap Dress? / Post Pregnancy Size?

• ooo - i looove the dress! Its a good pick and I think it would work. Either way, thats something you can wear anytime, also because you can easily dress it up or down. But i really like it - i actually might look into it for myself! ;-)

Its hard to know how big you will be because ya, it depends when you actually end up delivering. In your situation, i would probley go ahead with this. If worse comes to worse, you could always wear a black skirt and find a shirt to go with, and dress it up with funky jewelery?? I dunno - but good luck.

I'm in a wedding 5 weeks after my due date.. bridesmaid. And the dresses - NOT forgiving at all in the belly section!, as well as being super low!.. Cant say i'm looking forward to it... oops. And i'm planning to breastfeed - LOL

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • im not trying to snark or anything but those first few weeks were HE!!..i didn't want to go ANYWHERE.....I'd reconsider even buying the dress.

• Loading the player...
  • My BFF was in the same position at my wedding. This looks fabulous. Because your post baby belly (if you anything like my BFF) might not be cute and rounded like the one in the picture some sort of smoothing garment may be in order. Just a thought based on helping BFF with outfits. The material looks clingy and wonderful but might not be forgiving.

Have a fabulous time at the wedding! You have great taste!! 

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBabyMenzel:

im not trying to snark or anything but those first few weeks were HE!!..i didn't want to go ANYWHERE.....I'd reconsider even buying the dress.

I totally understand... if this were not my DH's brother's wedding, and he wasn't the best man... I wouldn't even be considering it!!!  But, since it is immediate family, I feel like I am obligated to go unless I have a C-section, or am otherwise incapacitated.  I'm already dreading it.  Will I still be sitting on my "donut" at that point?  Will I still be wearing Depends, or just gigantic maxi pads?  Only time will tell... Indifferent

• imageDiscusCoach:

My BFF was in the same position at my wedding. This looks fabulous. Because your post baby belly (if you anything like my BFF) might not be cute and rounded like the one in the picture some sort of smoothing garment may be in order. Just a thought based on helping BFF with outfits. The material looks clingy and wonderful but might not be forgiving.

Have a fabulous time at the wedding! You have great taste!! 

Thank you!  What did your BFF end up wearing to your wedding?

Yes, I figure that the belly I'm left with will be more of an "apron" than a bump... I have Spanx, but maybe I'll need gigantic maternity Spanx.  You know, the kind that fit over those gigantic maxi pads.  :*)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"