Houston Babies

It's going to be a loooooong summer

DH has always made fun of me for being barefoot all the time (he calls me Swiffer Feet).

So, he has already commented once that F in just a onesie was "trashy".  So last night, she didn't have any socks on and was in an outfit.  He said that was "trashy".  WTF?!?!

F sweats a ton, she is always hot.  This summer, she is not wearing socks and is going to just wear onesies.  He can suck it.

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
So Tasty, So Yummy

Re: It's going to be a loooooong summer

• I have strong opinions about this one.  There's nothing cuter than a little baby's bare feet!  Even a dressed up baby looks so sweet with little toes showing.  I agree - he can learn to deal. 

• huh?  he expects F to wear socks in the summer time???? Men!
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Loading the player...
  • that's so silly... i love baby feet... maddy is a sweater too... when she sleeps in the car, i sometimes have the heat on in the front, but the air on in the back for her bc she is soaking in sweat when she wakes up if i don't.
  • Ha!  no socks and just onesies are trashy...that's great.  All babies are trashy then. 
  • Cameron would not leave socks on and in the summer he only wore a onesie. He is a sweater and still is. My MIL tries to put socks on him at nite but they dont last long.
  • Let him have F get overheated and have a meltdown on him and he'll stop overdressing her.  A has gotten overheated a couple of times and the outcome was very, very bad.  We now dress her according to what is comfortable for her, not us.
    imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Orion used to sweat so much just wearing a onesie in his car seat. ?I couldn't imagine if I had put pants and socks on him. ?
  • awww... sad day... but i still love my trashy baby.
  • Well dresses are just as cool or even cooler than a onesie, so maybe that would work. Of course onesies are a heck of a lot cheaper!

By summer she'll be big enough to yank the socks off her feet by herself.

I know that DD is always barefoot when I get her out of the car, no matter what was on her feet when she got in the car! (And no matter how cold it is!)

- Jena
  • I don't know why, but it cracks me up hearing a baby described as looking trashy! ?That's so silly. ?Baby feet are CUTE! ?I'm always taking Wyatt's socks off to show people his sweet little feet : )
    Wyatt James born September 14, 2008
  • From Charlotte's link for infant sandals... ?

Do you think your DH would like these better than bare feet? ??image

Wyatt James born September 14, 2008
  • Amen sister!  Nothing wrong with either.  That's all C is going to wear when it's warm ( I mean Africa hot) outside.  And I too prefer no socks.  I hate covering up those baby feet.

If that's trashy, I am trashity trash trash and proud of it :)

• I'm sure I'll learn my lesson but I agree with your DH. ?I am soooo anti bare feet. ?I think it's gross.

Our kids are just babies but I am beyond creeped out at little kids who run around outside without shoes. ?Blech.?

Edit: ?I don't know if I'd call it trashy but it's NMS.?

• I don't think it's trashy. Rena never wore socks last summer. She still hates them and pulls them off all the time. If it's really cold I have to put her shoes on even if we're in the house so she doesn't pull her socks off.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • OK, so I agree on the onesie thing being ever-so-slightly trashy....but I'm picturing those Gerber cheapy onesies, which, while we owned tons of them, we only wore them for nighttime. I would put K in lots of bubbles that first summer....which are similar in design to a onesie, but way cuter. We also did TONS of lightweight fabric sundresses.

The barefeet thing I don't get. My child NEVER wore socks or shoes (except socks at night) until she started walking at 11.5 months. I think it's gross to go barefooted when one is WALKING in public places, but infants with SHOES looks just so bizarre to me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm constantly getting in trouble with my family because Mar never ever wears socks.  She kicks them off and now that she can put her feet in her mouth, she pulls them off.

Plus, her feet are so long and skinny that no socks fit her!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"