South Florida Babies

yogurt=messy poops, normal?

I started Zoe on yogurt over a week ago and ever since her poops are sooooo mushy and messy and gross. She doens't seem to be in any discomfort, but man it is disgusting! Doesn't seem normal. Is it normal while her system adjusts to it, or should I call the doctor and see if we should stop the yogurt. I am worried about a lactose intolerance since DH has that, but she takes Enfamil Lipil formula with no problems. I'm just concerned that when she starts Milk in a few months I'm gonna be dealing with nasty mushy diapers from that too.

Re: yogurt=messy poops, normal?

• I would say mushy is ok as long as its not runny and diarrhea-like.  Alexis's poops have been different since I started her on more table foods - sometimes they're mushy like that for a few days then go back to being hard.  It varies. 
    image image

• Is it mushy every single time she goes? If so then I probably would be a little concerned. Her tummy should be getting used to it by now. It's normal, like Leanna said, for their poops to go from mushy to somewhat hard but if she's going on almost 2 weeks of mushy poops I'd call up the doc to see what they  have to say.
  • Loading the player...
  • yeah, always mushy now. and gross. like, not at all what it was like before... not firm mushy, like watery mushy. i dunno if it's considered diharrea, but it's gross.
  • I would call the doc and see what they say. I know you said she's teething too so its possible that the teething is messing with her poops too, you won't know though until you stop the yogurt and see how she does without it.
  • If its watery then call the Dr.  It should be temporary to get used to it.  Have you tried Applesauce, rice, bananas, etc to try and get it firm again?
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"