Virginia Babies

Cold weather ideas?

I thought maybe we could start a post about where we like to take our little oneswhen we need to get out of the house in inclimate weather.

I'm on the peninsula.  We go to the library a lot as well as the Barnes & Noble in Newport News.  The Virginia Living Museum is close and is a great place to go, but it's expensive.  She likes to look at the fish in the giant fish tank. 

Also, there is a community theatre which has children's performances about once a moth on Saturdays.  They are probably a little old for our kids, but I think I'm going to try it anyway.  She loves to see and experience new things and she's pretty good at sitting for a while. If anyone wants more info, let me know. 

Re: Cold weather ideas?

• I'm despirate for ideas. We haven't lived here long so I don't know many people or places like you listed to go. We live in Suffolk
  • We haven't lived here too long either.  Fortunately I have some family in the area.  Are you on the other side of the James River or is my geography confused?
  • Loading the player...
  • We are however we live on the Portsmouth/Chesapeake side, basically we go through the MMBT since we are closer to that side. Are you in Newport News?

• imageSerendipity*:

We are however we live on the Portsmouth/Chesapeake side, basically we go through the MMBT since we are closer to that side. Are you in Newport News?

Yes, we are.  I don't love the bridge tunnels, but I guess there's no getting around them here.
  • I don't like them either. I avoid the HRBT at all costs!
  • The library is a big one for us, too.  So's B&N.  We also go mallwalking (I feel like a grandma-type, just saying that).  If we had an aquarium in Richmond, we'd do that.  We went to Ripley's aquarium in Myrtle Beach a few months back and she loved it.

Other than that, we mope around the house and look out the windows, and we wait for warm days.  *Sigh.*  At least it'll be spring soon Smile

• imageMrs.tlcS:

The library is a big one for us, too.  So's B&N.  We also go mallwalking (I feel like a grandma-type, just saying that).  If we had an aquarium in Richmond, we'd do that.  We went to Ripley's aquarium in Myrtle Beach a few months back and she loved it.

Other than that, we mope around the house and look out the windows, and we wait for warm days.  *Sigh.*  At least it'll be spring soon Smile

Do you know where there is an aquarium?  I feel like there should be one near me, but I haven'tfound it yet.  I'm still learning the area.
  • Hmm... I think there's one in VA Beach somewhere

Here's the website.  I don't really know VA Beach, but google maps ought to get you there.

https://www.virginiaaquarium.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"