Secondary IF

Question about IUI

My DH and I had trouble conceiving our son.  We did Clomid, IUI and finally IVF worked.  However, for baby #2 we tried on our own for a year, a FET this summer with our left over embies (BFN) and then got a surprise natural BFP right before we were going to start IVF #2, but I just had a miscarriage.  Here is my question.  Since I got PG naturally, do you think an IUI would be a possiblity?  When we talked to the RE before we got our natural BFP, he said that trying an IUI would be a waste and we should go on to IVF.  Oh, and our issues are with me; I have endo.  Well, since I got pg on my own I am wondering if we should try IUI before jumping into IVF again.  Also, since I had a D&C I am wonding if things got cleaned up in there?  We don't really have the money for IVF but could scrape some up for an IUI.  We only tried one IUI before moving on the IVF because we didn't want to spend lots of money on IUIs and then possibly need IVF anyway.  This time around, I would rather try less invasive procedures.  What do you think?  Would IUI be a good way to go since we got a natural BFP or should we do IVF?  DH and I have a consult meeting with our RE to talk about this, but I was just wanting some opinions. Thanks!
Baby #1: 19 cycles, failed IUI, and 1 + IVF 3-5-07
Baby #2: 12 cycles, 1 failed FET, natural miracle but m/c at 9 weeks then another natural miracle that stuck! 9-30-09

TTC #3 - 4 cycles - no BFP yet!

Re: Question about IUI

• If your IVF's are oop, I would try some IUIs first. If they are covered, I would move to IVF, because I know I am soooooo impatient, and IVF may work a little sooner. There is a chance that it could work on IUI.
  • I would do IUI first. I think it's worth a try especially since you know you can get pregnant naturally. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't been on the nest for a while, and never on this board but I am having 2nd infertility so I thought I would check this out. Anyway, have you had an HSG and a laporoscopy if your tubes are clear and your DH has mobility issues IUI's usually work well. If you have endo and they clear your tubes you might have a chance.  I would talk to your RE and ask him to explain it. IUI are really inexpensive compared to IVF. I would ask lots of questions and have some new fertility testing done before I would rule out an IUI>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"