Babies: 9 - 12 Months

age range of pacifiers...does it matter?

What is the difference between a 0-3 and a 6+ pacifier???  Does it really matter which they have?  My daughter is 6 months but still using the 0-3 ones...she still takes them fine.  Is there any reason to switch???
Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011

Re: age range of pacifiers...does it matter?

• DD can fit the whole MAMS 0-3 month pacifier in her mouth.  She doesn't care that the paci part is smaller but I don't want her to choke on the whole thing so we moved up to the bigger size.
  • Great questions.....all I know is the actual part they suck on is longer as they get older......
  • Loading the player...
  • I asked my pedi about this b/c I was curious and he said it doesn't matter.  If your DD still likes her 0-3 one, it's fine!  I was worried it might affect their teeth development, but the pedi says it has nothing to do with it at this age.
  • Marissa is 9 months old and still will not take the 6mth+ paci. She still wants the 0-3month ones, which I plan on weening her from when she is a year old so no it doesn't matter to me.
  • The 0-3 pacis are so short, DS has to make more of an effort to suck and can't keep them in his mouth very long. The 6+ are much better for him.
  • imagejohnsoar:
    DD can fit the whole MAMS 0-3 month pacifier in her mouth.  She doesn't care that the paci part is smaller but I don't want her to choke on the whole thing so we moved up to the bigger size.

Ditto this.  We switched DS to the 6 mos + paci when he was 6 mos old b/c I was worried about him choking on the 0-3 one.  He could fit the whole thing in his mouth.  Also, since it is shorter I noticed he was having a hard time keeping it in his mouth.  It took a little getting used to but he made the transition just fine.

• we use the soothies and the only difference between the 0-3 and 3+ are the thickness of the part that is out side of his mouth if that makes sense
  • I would guess that the 6 month+ ones also take teething into account.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • imageEEYORE119:
    we use the soothies and the only difference between the 0-3 and 3+ are the thickness of the part that is out side of his mouth if that makes sense
    Yes, but because of that, as they get older, they can work the whole 0-3 Soothie in their mouths.   We didn't switch until we saw her do that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"