Success after IF

Was anyone convinced AF was coming, but got BFP?

Today is beta day for me, so I'm just waiting for the call. I *swear* I'm getting my period though. I'm trying to hold out hope, but I'm not feeling very optimistic. Please tell me that you pg women felt the same!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Was anyone convinced AF was coming, but got BFP?

• I had a lot of cramping and thougth AF was on her way and was completely wrong.
  • I had no symptoms and was sure that it didn't work.  I'd had chemical pgs before where I felt a lot, and this was totally different.

Don't give up yet!  I'm hoping you'll get good news!!  (cute screenname by the way!)

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, both times!! Good luck!!
  • Yep!  I swore that it didn't work and that AF was coming.  Good Luck!!!
  • imageTamTam624:
    I had a lot of cramping and thougth AF was on her way and was completely wrong.

Ditto.

Diagnosis: Endometriosis with Complete Tubal Blockage IVF # 1 Fresh Cycle- It's a girl!! 8/12/09 IVF # 2 FET- MC IVF # 3 Fresh Cycle-MC IVF # 4 FET- BFP Arriving 8/8/12!!
  • I felt like that with my first IVF and was pg.  This time (beta is tomorrow) I have nothing but three BFN's on pee sticks.
  • Yes, I was 110% sure that AF was on her way. I felt like I did every other month - crampy and cranky. Good luck!
  • I started cramping and spotted 2 days before my Beta.  It was my usual AF signs so I assumed it was over.
  • I was hoping for a BFP on my birthday even though it was only about 9 days past IUI at that point.  I tested and negative.  So I figured it was too early and I'd test again in a day or two.  Well that night my period started (or so I thought), which was so NOT what I wanted for my birthday.  A few days later, the bleeding stopped and since I was supposed to start clomid again on day 3 of my cycle, I figured I'd better test before I started to take it, especially since the cycle seemed so weird and short.  Lo and behold, there was that "Pregnant" staring up at me on the digital.  I was really shocked!

Good luck to you!!!

imageimage Both children were conceived with assistance after a MFI DX of Azoospermia. DIUI. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ditto. I actually had worse cramps than a normal month and was 1000% sure AF was about to show up right on time.

Good Luck!

• i had my usual AF like cramps.  i thought for sure i was getting my period.  but low and behold i was PG!  hopefully your beta will come back w/ some great numbers :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was convinced, yes - the only AF symptom I lacked was the very strong backache - it was much duller than usual when I was apparently pg. ?I got up about 3 times the night or two before my BFP to check and see if I'd gotten AF.

?

?

• I had AF symptoms and a negative HPT. I was so sure AF was coming, when I was 4 days late, I didn't think "oh maybe I am pg", I thought "WHAT THE H*LL IS WRONG WITH ME NOW!!!"

Turned out I was pg!

• Me-- had all  my usual pre-AF symptoms, including spotting.
  • I had camping the entire time during my 2WW.  And I was totally convinced AF was coming.  And usually I would get AF the same day I had my beta.  But this it was not the case!!  Good Luck, keep us updated!!  :)
  • me! i was cramping & spotting & i was sooo bummed.

when i got a BFP i was in shock!

• me, I was totally cramping and has no other PG symptoms.  I was floored when it worked and got a BFP.
  • Me!!  The only reason I tested (I was on a break cycle) was because I wanted to get a prescription for Provera from my dr because I was having AF symptoms for a couple weeks with no AF and it had been almost three months since my last one. 
  • ***Raises hand***

I was confident AF was coming.  Since we were on a break cycle I did not have a beta scheduled.  I decided to POAS since I only had one left.  I was SHOCKED when it came up pregnant.  I was sooooo not expecting that.

Keep the faith - it can happen!

• Me! I had no signs of pregnancy, no sore bbs, nothing and I hadn't gotten implantation spotting. Since I had never had a BFP before, I swore than when I actually get pg, I would have spotting and so I was convinced it didn't work. Boy, was I wrong :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"