Health & Exercise

Tincture vs Tea???

I posted this on Trouble TTC as I am an unwilling member of that club. I'll try here as well.

Is a tincture the same as drinking the tea? I couldn't find Red Clover tea but could find the tincture and I don't know if I can count on it for the same effects.  

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tincture vs Tea???

• I am not entirely positive, but... I believe they are different.? I?think whatever form the herb comes in is fine for the benefits. ?I take tincture's of chaste tree berry, astragalus, and wild oat (all for different purposes).? Yet I drink different herbal teas for those purposes (and the warmth and taste).? Also look at the ingredients in the herbal tea, many of the herbs you may see in the form of tinctures are in the teas.? Just whenever using a tincture notice the dose/serving size.

Some good teas, that are not to expensive, and that are easily excessible are Yogi tea, and Traditional Medicinal.? If you go to a natural food store or a wellness center you can find more teas in pure form, as well as tinctures.
  • according to wikipedia, a tincture is an alcohol extract of some sort...  I would stick to trying to find the tea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"