Birth Stories
Options

Pressure during c-section

Did anyone have a crazy amount of pressure during their c section?  It hurt so bad that I do not know if I can do it again.  I mean I was actually screaming on the table and they had to give me something to just about, but not completely knock me out.  I felt like they were scrambling my insides

Re: Pressure during c-section

• Options
    No. Did they maybe just not give you enough drugs? They didn't give me enough at first and I felt them cutting. They doped me up a little more and while they were pulling the baby out, I felt some pressure and pulling, but it was only odd, not painful.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, I did feel a lot of pressure and they stopped and increased my meds before they continued.  After a minute or so, it really wasn't painful anymore.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually did not feel any pressure at all, even when they said I would feel a lot of pressure.  They did tell me to let them know if I felt any pain so they could up the meds.
  • Options
    I felt pressure but it did not hurt. I wonder why that happened to you.  The pressure was the weirdest feeling because I knew what they were doing to my belly :-).  My only issue was that I started having difficulty breathing when they pulled DS out.  The anesthesiologist made me look at the oxigenation number and said that it was normal.  I was still gasping for air. It went away quickly, though.
  • Options
    that's awful!!  that didn't happen to me.  i felt absolutely nothing.  i would def talk to your dr about that for next time.
  • Options
    Yes! It was awful. I felt them cutting at first and pulling and yelled out so they upped my meds. They said if I kept feeling they would have to put me under. I was so upset...I didn't want to miss my son's birth! It was already an unexpected C-section. It was very uncomfortable, but I got through it ..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I felt the pressure, but honestly I was sooo out of it. I had been in labor for 20 hours, pushed for 3 hours and then they said they were going to do the c-section after my DS's head was caught on my pubic bone. I saw my doctor get on the table with me and saw her yanking but for some reason I though she was pushing on my lungs. Like I said, I was REALLY out of it!! But I would TOTALLY do a c-section again. I am honestly scared to try pushing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"