Baby Showers

Need Pink food ideas for shower!

I have all the usual- punches and the cake - but wanted to have some other appetizers that are kid friendly that are pink also. Any ideas? I am drawing a blank!?

?

TIA!!~?

Re: Need Pink food ideas for shower!

• the only thing I can think of is shrimp cocktail.
  • Red fruits (strawberries, raspberries, etc) with Strawberry flavored cool whip

Lunchmeat like ham and bologna is kind of pink, so roll ups or pinwheels with swiss cheese would fit the color scheme

• Loading the player...
  • salmon is pink too, but that's more for the adults...

strawberry jelly mixed with cream cheese piped onto little toasts or crostini

Pink flesh apples with caramel dipping sauce. I think the variety on the west coast is Pink Pearl, but look online to see what's available in your area.If unavailable pick ones with pink skin. Spritz with lemon juice so they don't get brown once cut.

Pink grapefruit salad

Watermelon cubes with fresh herbs (like a salad)

White and pink veggies: look for candy striped beets, radishes, cauliflower, white asparagus (fresh only) . Sometimes you can find pink toned tomatoes and white peppers too.

Mini cotton candy on lollipop sticks (fill a tray with craft store beads or pebbles to stand them up)

Strawberry soup (made with cream) served in shotglasses

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • White icing mixed with a little red die to make it pink. You can add that to cup cakes etc...

You can also add the die to white chocolate and dip pretzels in it and then add pink sprinkles.

Bowls of red and pink candy such as m&m's, apple O's etc...?

Photobucket
  • Celery stuffed with "pink" cream cheese.  Mushroom caps the same way. 
  • cookies with pink frosting
  • Jello salad (good for a side dish/dessert) made with watermelon jello, cut up, and mixed w coolwhip (can add a little red food coloring to make the whip pink if you'd like)

strawberry ice cream

raspberries, grapefruit, pomegranate, watermelon

ham, salmon, hotdogs or mini cocktail weiners

tomato cream sauce over pasta, lobster bisque soup

Pink lemonaid, "Shirley Temple" drink (sprite, cherry syrup/grenadine), cosmopolitians (if having alcohol)

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Beets! I love them. I make a great dish using Israeli couscous (larger than regular couscous), roasted red and gold beets, crumbled goat cheese, mache (a soft green lettuce that is small - also called lamb's tongue) and a balsamic dressing. The whole dish turns pink from the beets and it tastes fabulous!!!!

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"