Birth Stories
Options

My DS's Birthstory

I always enjoyed reading birthstories when I was pregnant so I thought I would share mine!

I began to lose my MP on Friday morning (a week before my due date) so I sort of knew something would be happening, but didn't think it would be as soon as it ended up being.  I went about my day as usual, came home and made plans for Saturday to pick up some last minute baby things and went to bed around 1130.  At 12:50 I work up to go to the bathroom and as I stood up I felt a gush of water (no pain or anything). I woke my husband up after I realized it was actually my water and that I hadn't peed my pants :).  We called the hospital and they said to come on down.  Before we left I took a shower, put away laundry, and packed my bag---yes I hadn't packed my bag because I was convinced that since I had not had a single BH and it was my first baby that I would be late and have to be induced. 

Anyway, we got to the hospital around 2:00 am and was taken to triage so that they could make sure that it was actually my water that had broken.  I was admitted around 4:00 am and given the epi and pitocin at the same time since I wasn't having contractions.  I was 4 cm when I was admitted and stayed that way until about 8 am.  Around 9:00 I began to feel a ton of pressure (no pain, just pressure) and pretty much begged to be checked.  The resident gave in and said she would check me but there was no way I made that much progress in an hour...she was wrong.  In an hour I had gone from 4 cm to 9.  I progressed to 10 cm and began pushing around 9:10am and had my DS at 9:28. 

The whole thing was not as bad as I thought--maybe because I had been given the epi and the pitocin at the same time.  Also, getting the epi is no where near as bad as anyone makes it seem.  I was even given a mirror so that I could watch if I wanted and I did.  Finally, the last touchy topic...don't be worried about pooping during labor.  I did (and the nurse said about 95% of people do) and the nurses said that they knew I wouldn't be pushing very long because that was a sign that I was doing it correctly and they were right since I only pushed for about 30 minutes.  You will lose all modesty and there is so much going on that pooping will (or should be) the last thing on your mind! 

Re: My DS's Birthstory

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"