Birth Stories

Cervadil??

I will be admitted on Monday and given Cervadil.  Has anyone had an experience with this?

Re: Cervadil??

• I was given Cervadil to soften my cervix.  It didn't do much for me.  It is sort of like a tampon that they place on my cervix and it has a string attached so that it can be removed at anytime.

HTH-you can page me on Parenting after a Loss if you have more questions.

• I just had the cervadil with my son to induce me on the 29th. I moved me a few centimeters but the pitocin really did the job. It wasnt bad or hurtful, and did not hurt for the insertion. Worked well, baby arrived next day on the 30th. Congrats in advance :)
  • Loading the player...
  • started with cervadil when induced for dd (pree, 36w 5d, 0 dilation)... I did thin some, had a lot of painful contractions, but still not a ton.  I was on pit for along time (10 hrs) before dilating to 1cm (but I was thinning and it was really early ... my b/p was super high and I was kind of out of it)... when they broke my water things sped up quickly.. I went from 1 cm to 9 cm in 3 hrs.... and that's on Mag Sulfate (started when they broke my water, is to prevent seizures but also has been given to stop preterm labor).

good luck

• I was already 2 cm and 90% effaced when I was given Cervadil. It did actually cause me to start having some pretty good contractions. I barely needed any pitosin by the next morning. I was given it around 10 pm, and was having contractions by 3 am. Its not too bad, I remember it being uncomfortable when they put it in, and then I had to lay flat for like 2 hours or something, while it did its thing. I was 3 cm and 100% effaced by the next morning.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"