1st Trimester
Options

Acne and dry skin

Feels like my baby’s sucking the life out of me, I’m only 7 weeks and acne and dry skin is so bad, what can I use to help my skin?

Re: Acne and dry skin

• Options
    Hi! I work in the skin health/dermatology industry so hopefully can give some suggestions :)

are you using any products now? Things that are safe would be gentle cleansers and moisturizers… should look for fragrance free, dye free, free of parabens, phalates, etc. the less ingredients the product has the better for you.

for a moisturizer, gel creams are really nice and many are formulated so that they won’t clog pores - meaning shouldn’t make you break out.

for acne, I struggle with this one a little because it seems like there conflicting research out there, but my provider says ( and I’ve found literature that supports it) that topical salicylic acid is ok. I use a wipe that is 2% sal acid and just wipe lightly once daily at night…. Pimple patches work wonders too if you have anything you’ve picked at - they’re non medicated and basically just a bandage that heals quickly…. 

Hope this helps, sorry so lengthy!
  • Options
    Crunchy answer but grass fed beef tallow. Mimics the skins sebum so shouldn’t make you break out and should help if any products are contributing to acne.