Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Flat head syndrome

Hi - LO only wants to sleep on one side of his head, even when I flip which direction he sleeps in the cradle. He feels like he's getting a little flat head on that side. Anyone have ideas or advice on this? 

Re: Flat head syndrome

• Options
    I have an almost 5 month old and we dealt with this for several months!  We actually didn't notice that she would only look left and sleep on the left side of her head until our doctor pointed it out at her 2 month check-up.  He instructed us to do neck stretches every time we changed her diaper (stretching head to the left and right, then bringing her ear to her shoulder on either side).  I'd ask your doctor about doing something like is and having them walk you through it!  It's helped us a ton!!
  • Options
    wwcr17wwcr17 member
    My baby was right leaning when she was born and had a very tight jaw/trouble latching. We were referred to a chiropractor for “body work.” It sounds crazy but obviously the Dr. did not crack her like they do adults. She did gentle movements and stretches. Most of the time my baby slept through it. After two weeks of sessions she was much more balanced and gravitated more naturally towards both sides. Not sure if there is something similar in your area but it could be worth exploring!