October 2023 Moms
Options

Pregnant after a loss- check in (feb)

This will be a space to discuss pregnancy after prior loss(es)- I figure we’ll start with monthly check ins / ongoing chat for now. 
TW for pregnancy and infant loss applies to the whole thread. No need to TW individual posts for these topics. 
Feel free to introduce yourself and if you want to share your angels with us, you are welcome to here. Please spoiler photos (it makes loading on mobile smoother.) feel free to share any feelings related to being pregnant after losing a pregnancy or infant. 
Let’s keep this a safe open space for these complicated feelings. 

Re: Pregnant after a loss- check in (feb)

• Options
    I’ve been pregnant 7 times including this one, with two living children. Officially diagnosed with unexplained repeat pregnancy loss, but the doctors think at least two of the losses were eptopic based on scar tissue and a blocked tube on my left side. 
    I’ll feel a lot better once we confirm the heart beat and pregnancy location! 
    Also- I had hyperemesis with both of my living children so I’ll feel “better” once I start vomiting 50 times a day. 🤦‍♀️😂 I wish I was exaggerating. 

• Options
    This is my 5th pregnancy and I have one living child.

My first pregnancy was chemical and ended at 4w1d. Thankfully I'm now past this milestone.

My second pregnancy was a blighted ovum discovered at 8w3d which I miscarried around 9w6d and also got a D&C the next week.

My third pregnancy ended at 20 weeks after my water broke unexpectedly. 

Weirdly right now I'm the least anxious out of all my pregnancies. I'm hoping that's a good sign. Making it to viability is a major step for me so I don't really relax until then! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first one was in October 2021 and ended in a complete molar pregnancy.  Second one ended in October 2022 and was due to a chemical pregnancy.
    I am now pregnant again with our third, but the results aren't looking good atm and my Dr has suggested a missed miscarriage.  I'll find out more on Thursday when I go for my viability scan xx
  • Options
    I'm sorry @p0tato3 I hope you get good news in the end. I always read not to jump to conclusion before a 7-8 week scan is done 🤞
  • Options
    Thank you x

We're trying to remain positive and reading successful stories on these forums brings me hope, but my GS only increased by 3mm in 8days, and my beta hCG only increased by 5,000 in 10 days-
    5w4d - 8,000
    7w - 13,000

I am really hoping that when we go on Thursday, there will be a heartbeat xx

• Options
    This is my 3rd pregnancy, 1 living son who's 6. 
    Had a natural Miscarriage in July 2022, only a few days before my birthday.  
    According to app I'm about 5 weeks. Just took home pregnancy test as of yet. 

Really praying this one sticks💓
  • Options
    rachthommomrachthommom member
    edited February 2023
    I’m on my second pregnancy now after a complete mole which was removed via D&C October 2021. I am coming up on my one year chemo-versary (2/28) after GTN and was lucky enough to get pregnant on our first try post chemo/mole. We were advised to wait one year post chemo, which is this month, and now I’m 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I’d love to connect more with you if that would feel good! I’m shocked to see another complete mole on here!
  • Options
    You got this! Pregnancy loss is traumatic for many reasons but one of the biggest ones people often fail to realize (unless it’s happened to them) is when most women get (planned) pregnant, it’s joy, solid and overwhelming joy. When women who have had a previous loss or multiple losses, the joy is shadowed by fear. Every cramp, every moment you question what’s normal and compare to past pregnancies. The stretching and growing uterus of a healthy pregnancy can now make you panic and be stressed that it’s sign #1 of another heartbreak.

Easier said than done (which I know bc I’m going thru it too after 4 losses)…. Deep breath and when the anxiety starts to weigh down on your chest and that sour stomach feeling returns, remind urself that this time will have a happy ending and try to calm down. The stress can’t be good for the lil one inside of us. Again, easier said than done and even as I type this my hearts pounding bc I feel your pain and know your shadowing fear.. we have this. We can do this! God forbid it end in suffering… we cry, we scream, we pray and we try again because as women we are strong and can keep pushing on even when we keep getting knocked down. I’ll be praying for every single one of y’all in this thread and hope we all come out the other side with chubby little drool monsters.

Xoxo -Rebecca
  • Options
    I have 1 living son, born Oct. 2015, miscarried our second on my birthday in Nov. 2021 and now pregnant with our third. Praying this is a sticky baby but getting so scared since my HCG levels are low (still in the normal range for 5 weeks) and climbing but not doubling as we had hoped.  
  • Options
    Getting nervous leading up to our US. Kinda feels like the moment of truth that’s makes this all real. The odds of loss drop significantly after seeing a heartbeat on an US, and with a history of ectopic loss being in the right spot is a huge win. I haven’t had symptoms of ectopic pregnancy so I *think* we are okay but the fear is real. 

• Options
    I am 7 weeks now and getting a bit anxious. I miscarried November 2021 at 8 weeks. I have 2 living children so trying to focus on what I do have and stay positive that this will baby will stick. I was very positive and excited with my previous 3 pregnancy but I now find myself more nervous than anything. I have my first appointment next week so hoping that settles some anxiety.
  • Options
    @kase2119 passing these milestones definitely is something 💜
  • Options
    @mamasaurusbec so well said! something I grieve and struggle with is the loss of joy experienced when I get a positive pregnancy test. I want to be able to celebrate my pregnancies like so many others, but it just seems impossible to do so. thank you for these words.
  • Options
    This is my 2nd pregnancy and I’m so nervous because the first one- my baby’s heart beat was too weak and they passed. I’m having trouble bonding with my girl that I’m pregnant with now because I’m afraid of losing her. I’m due 10/18 so I’m over half way done but it’s still so hard and scary. Any stomach pain or problem I’m worried I’ve lost her. I can feel her move around which has helped me bond more. I’m nervous I won’t love her right away after birth, or that I’ll have trouble creating a connection. Other times, I’m so ready to meet her!
  • Options
    My first pregnancy was a miscarriage, followed by a year of trying. We had our miracle boy who is now 3, and shortly after a beautiful baby girl. Our daughter passed suddenly at 8 months old, and it's been really strange and scary expecting another baby after losing a child. There is also a striking lack of resources relevant for pregnancy after child loss, most are geared toward pregnancy after miscarriage or stillbirth. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a totally different baby, they will have a totally different look, personality, temperament, etc, and that this baby will have a totally different life. I'm doing my best to trust God, because he has already brought so much blessing into our lives since the loss of our daughter, and I believe this child is a part of that.